Hi, I don't really want an ibanez but I got my eyes set on a RG2550E. Is there a guitar with this kind of quality around from another brand (esp maybe?)? Prices has got got be between 800-1000 euro.
http://www.espguitars.com/images/guitars/kh-2_vintage.jpg

I like the looks of this one, but it's kind of expensive and has active EMG's...

I want: A real Floyd Rose Tremolo, 24 frets, the strings at the top of the neck have to connect to one side (so not like an acoustic neck), I hope you understand this if not well a neck like the one shown above The bolt on has to be decent, neck through isn't required as the price goes up a lot this way! And I don't want active EMG's :p
I mostly play hardrock and a bit of metal, got no decent amp nor guitar yet, first gonna improve my skills on the new guitar and buy the amp somewhere around Christmas.

Also, what explorer shaped guitars are good compared to that RG2550E (RG1570)

Thanks
jackson sl3
ESP MII (actually that's probably over budget)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you do know the trem on the RG2550E is better than an original floyd rose?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
No I didn't know about that trem :p
See that's the hardest decision I have to make Quality over looks, the RG2550 is like one of the best guitars in my price range (the RG1570 actually, but I already want to invest a bit more for the cosmetics) but I really don't like the looks of it fully. Ibanez guitars look way too generic in my opinion. When I was a child and when I first wanted to play the guitar an electric guitar was how I imagined an ibanez, you see...generic.
Now I play the guitar and see all those other cool guitars, I just don't want such a generic guitar anymore, even that string connector (don't know the real name) of the ibanez is so.. dull. That little twist to the left on that ESP (and a Jackson) makes a lot of difference for me. I just don't know :s I've got nothing against ibanez, I know they deliver quality but I got a starters pack now and the guitar looks almost exactly the same as that RG2550E. I just want something new, I hope you understand this

I played the RG2550E in the shop and I liked that Edge Pro btw, could palm mute fine on it and all. Nice guitar, but I don't know... something is holding me back, it feels like I won't be capable of loving this guitar as much as I would love a different guitar with similar quality and specs.

I like the looks of that SL3 as well, minor changes compared to the ibanez but all those small changes make it a big difference somehow :p It's not just in my head! It's like picking one girl out of twins, the small things can really make the difference for you!

EDIT: I like rosewood on a fingerboard, and the 24 frets isn't all that important if I really like the guitar. Darn man, choosing guitar is so hard.
Last edited by Chimeray at Sep 21, 2007,
Look at the Ltds man...I've played the jeff hanneman sig and the ltd m-1000. Their necks have a similar profile to the wizard neck, but not as wide a radius.

Personally, I think you should reconsider the ibanez...but ltd deluxe are probably the next best thing.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Chimeray
No I didn't know about that trem :p
See that's the hardest decision I have to make Quality over looks, the RG2550 is like one of the best guitars in my price range (the RG1570 actually, but I already want to invest a bit more for the cosmetics) but I really don't like the looks of it fully. Ibanez guitars look way too generic in my opinion. When I was a child and when I first wanted to play the guitar an electric guitar was how I imagined an ibanez, you see...generic.
Now I play the guitar and see all those other cool guitars, I just don't want such a generic guitar anymore, even that string connector (don't know the real name) of the ibanez is so.. dull. That little twist to the left on that ESP (and a Jackson) makes a lot of difference for me. I just don't know :s I've got nothing against ibanez, I know they deliver quality but I got a starters pack now and the guitar looks almost exactly the same as that RG2550E. I just want something new, I hope you understand this

I played the RG2550E in the shop and I liked that Edge Pro btw, could palm mute fine on it and all. Nice guitar, but I don't know... something is holding me back, it feels like I won't be capable of loving this guitar as much as I would love a different guitar with similar quality and specs.

I like the looks of that SL3 as well, minor changes compared to the ibanez but all those small changes make it a big difference somehow :p It's not just in my head! It's like picking one girl out of twins, the small things can really make the difference for you!

EDIT: I like rosewood on a fingerboard, and the 24 frets isn't all that important if I really like the guitar. Darn man, choosing guitar is so hard.

I get what your saying but don't let cosmetics put you of to much. Many things can be changed using simple, cheap, modifications.

If you put some colourful tops on the pickups (a few bucks) or change the knobs (also a few dollars). There are a great amount of modifications you can perform on your guitar to alter it's look.

On the other hand changing the neck or the bridge on a more original looking guitar is much harder and more expensive. Keep in mind that eventhough there are other brands that produce thin necked guitars, but none have that smooth touch you get with the Prestige necks.

I understand it might look boring, but if you change a few simple things it will improve a lot.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Yeah well that ibanez is still my first choice, the KE3 kelly I ordered (no pay obligation) comes in in about 2 weeks, gonna test it out but I think my mind is set to that ibanez anyway
I got about 2 weeks to find something that I would like more, understand

Yeah that M-1000 looks so sweet, came across it earlier! That would be like an instant buy if it didn't have EMG's There's always something wrong about a guitar, pfffft :p

EDIT: ^Thanks for the advice but I'm not really into modifications :s Don't know a lot about them and busting a 1000 euro guitar, I don't know

EDIT2: Do you guys know of a schecter guitar with the body of a hellraiser avenger (that type of neck top as well, side), an original floyd rose, other pickups than EMG's no duncan designed either.. real seymour duncans then. Does a guitar like that exist?
Oh man I would crave for a guitar like this
Did a bit of painting xD combining parts mostly and voila...
The Hellraiser Custom, THE guitar I would like to have Those specs and... darn man :p
That's exactly what I want, now I need Schecter to make it

Wouldn't that be way over budget?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
That guitar doesn't exist so I don't know how much that would cost
I changed the inlays, put an OFR on it and seymour duncans instead of EMG's (with MS paint, it's purely fictional)... so know it looks like the guitar I want.
Anyway :p Seems like schecter can't satisfy my needs as well Why don't they make a guitar like that, geez!

Any other guitars that got all of my demands?
eh, you can't really do any harm switching the control knobs... they generally just pull off and slip back on again. pickup covers... slightly more involved, though i think (don't quote me though) that as long as you're just talking about the plastic bobbins, they just slip on and off.

if the only thing you dislike about a guitar is emg's, that can be fixed reasonably easily- just switch the pickups and value of the pots (or pay a luthier/shop to do it for you).

definitely wait until you can try the ke3, of course.

oh and i wouldn't say an edge pro is "better" than an OFR, but it's certainly of similar quality. preference plays a part too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://www.laboitenoiredumusicien.com/images/produits/LAG/GLV-AP2000-BSH-B.jpg

What guitar is this? I found it under the name of that ESP M 1000 on google but this one got a single coil as well.

Why don't they just make a FR Hellraiser Avenger, would make things so much easier
Any FR guitars with the body of an avenger?

EDIT: found it I think: http://www.lagguitars.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?GUID=645eda35-0112-42aa-a2d0-96f598fde68c
Last edited by Chimeray at Sep 22, 2007,
Oh well, everyone their own preference right I find that shape even nicer than an explorer. It's a generic body but with some 'stretches' in the opposite direction of an explorer. (explorer has an extended body to the top left, this one to bottom left) Beautiful ^^
But no floyd rose damn it

But we're straying off topic so here goes again:
I'm looking for a hardrock (little metal) guitar with specs (in order of importance):
Same quality of an RG1570
-No EMG's
-Original Floyd Rose
-Rosewood Fingerboard
-24 Frets
jackson sl3 is the main one i can think of, just it might be too dear, and i can't remember if it has 24 or 22 frets.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A bit over budget I don't want to go any more over budget cos I want to have some money left for a great amp!
So what would be slightly worse than an RG1570 (2550)? But with those specs I gave? I probably won't do this but if I really like that guitar, well then I might just do it
Thanks

EDIT: What about an ibanez RG 2620E? I really like that paint job and with those awsome inlays it's definatly crossed the border, that one I would like a lot! But that price is probably the same as an SL3, so which one is best? And generally... how's that RG? Probably less versatile cos it doesn't have a single coil right?
much of a muchness between the sl3 and rg2620, i'd have though.

and yeah, you lose the single coil, so i guess it's marginally less versatile. though plenty of people never use that single coil anyway. just depends if you'd like a single coil or not...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
much of a muchness between the sl3 and rg2620, i'd have though.

and yeah, you lose the single coil, so i guess it's marginally less versatile. though plenty of people never use that single coil anyway. just depends if you'd like a single coil or not...

Don't forget you have coil splitting too.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah. i mean it's not the end of the world. I like a nice single coil in addition to humbuckers (as a coil split rarely sounds as good, plus i actually like the middle pickup position), but a lot of people wouldn't care, wouldn't even need splits.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?