I currently have a fender excell, but it has a tiny neck in width

I have huge hands and I cannot properly play chords with it

Now today I was in a used guitar shop and found an acoustic with a realy wide neck and bought it, and well I can play freebrid on that and I cant on electric

So I ask you are there any guitars that have pretty large spacing between each string for fat fingers

I beleive every one finds there one special guitar and I may have already but I would like an electric or even an electric acoustic that I could play

Any and all help is appreciated
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
Aren't jumbo fret guitars the ones you would have to look into? I thought the width is bigger on those, don't know for sure though. That jumbo fret thing can stand for something else, as I said... don't know for sure
they might be, thats why I asked for help

I will look into those because they just might be what I need
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
Jumbo frets are just that, big frets - the gaps between frets are no bigger.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You might be able to buy a 7 string, re-cut the nut and 6 string it. The only alternative I know of might be custom-made. What you need is wide and flat. I would find out what the largest neck-radius production guitar is. Sorry I don't have a recommendation.
ok, What I was actualy thinking was getting a realy cheap 6 string bass and switching the strings and then the gaps would be huge... maybe to huge?

well I will never know till I try
Bring Back the Music

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
Try a Carvin Holdsworth? They're supposed to have big, wide necks.

Warmoth also apparently has huge necks (1 7/8 inch superwide?) for sale and they make all their necks allegedly to Fender standards; maybe you can buy a replacement neck from them to fit to the Fender you already have?
Dude, the bass thing is the best idea ive heard in my life. Go for it!... haha
Quote by Aescio
Dude, the bass thing is the best idea ive heard in my life. Go for it!... haha

well I have found one for about $200 at A+R music, so all I gotta do is talk my mother into getting it for me

and if all else fails I can always put the bass strings back on and play with that
Bring Back the Music

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
What the hell? You can't put guitar strings on a bass, the neck will have so much backbow you won't be able to play.

Quote by Wanderer259
Try a Carvin Holdsworth? They're supposed to have big, wide necks.

Warmoth also apparently has huge necks (1 7/8 inch superwide?) for sale and they make all their necks allegedly to Fender standards; maybe you can buy a replacement neck from them to fit to the Fender you already have?

^This is a good idea.
As for the 7-string idea, you could re-cut the nut to fit six strings, but what would you do about the bridge? And the pickup polepieces would not be centered under the strings.
^Very true. You would be better off building a guitar from scratch. Do they make 7 string blade pickups? Maybe a custom-made wrap-around tailpiece ala Gibson Melody Maker.