im recording songs with guitars, drums at home with my computer. i dont have fancy recording equipment and i dont have any money to spend on equipment either.
just a laptop and a downloaded copy of acoustica mixcraft. i was thinking is there anyway to make the recording or guitars sound clearer. i tried using a computer mic, but it feedbacks alot when i put it near my amps. is there such a thing that connects from the amp straight to the computer.
I use Audacity to record, and I just use a little mic to record (listen to my songs, they're very clean). If you just get a better mic it should be fine. Mine was about £3.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I use Audacity to record, and I just use a little mic to record (listen to my songs, they're very clean). If you just get a better mic it should be fine. Mine was about £3.

Falling ftw!

I actually plug my amp into my computer, the quality is ok, if not a little fuzzy, but you can only really do that if your amp has a line out plug and the cable you use will fit into your soundcard, I had to buy a cheap adapter to do that.
You could get the line 6 toneport. That's what I have. Relatively cheap and works nicely.
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Falling ftw!

I actually plug my amp into my computer, the quality is ok, if not a little fuzzy, but you can only really do that if your amp has a line out plug and the cable you use will fit into your soundcard, I had to buy a cheap adapter to do that.

my amp does have an emulated line out plug. but i dont quite understand. how do you connect ur cable into the computer? there's no input in the computer
You could try recording your guitar DI, if you keep the volume level of the amp/peddle down low you can later normalise it in the mix and that avoids any clipping or unwanted distortion from the guitar. But imo DI (although easier) never sounds as good as 'live' recording.
Quote by recklessnick
my amp does have an emulated line out plug. but i dont quite understand. how do you connect ur cable into the computer? there's no input in the computer

You can buy inputs for a quarter inch input to go directly into your comp so you can record guitar/vox/keys etc. You can also buy midi plugs for the same purpose. And they start off really cheap. You can get a small 1/4 inch connection jack for your computer and guitar for like, $20 Australian. Which is even less American.
Quote by Surrysounds
You can buy inputs for a quarter inch input to go directly into your comp so you can record guitar/vox/keys etc. You can also buy midi plugs for the same purpose. And they start off really cheap. You can get a small 1/4 inch connection jack for your computer and guitar for like, $20 Australian. Which is even less American.

im from singapore. and those jacks go into the same holes earphones and mics go into?
Quote by Surrysounds

My adaptor was about 90 pence (less than $2) from my local music emporium.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by recklessnick
im from singapore. and those jacks go into the same holes earphones and mics go into?

No, headphone jacks are different to 1/4 inch jacks. (1/4" is your standard guitar lead size)

But you can buy convertors from any music/electronic store. And they're only a couple of bucks too.
Quote by recklessnick

I misread your post, Yeah they do go into the Mic input on your comp..
I liked Midnight, sounded close to the original. You've inspired me to try and learn it.

Yeah, I have one of those adaptors that I got from Maplins for about £1. Does the trick nicely. You also have to remember that if you're plugging your guitar into your pc and not micing it up you have to use the Line In on your pc and NOT the Mic In.
Last edited by Les Paul Ell at Sep 21, 2007,