I've been looking around abit but I couldn't find much. Well. I just moved into an apartment. Now I'm looking for a bass amp which I can use for practice without getting kicked out.
Basically, I'm looking for a small combo which will still sound good enough, cause I always get pissed if I can't get a good enough sound out of my amps
I play everything from metal to jazz, also the occassional pop song. Woohoo, I'm the most tr00 guy around
My price range is around 200-350 USD.

*I actually lied. Considering the low worth of the USD right now I may stretch abit higher. ^^
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Last edited by Lilldjuret at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by hardcoredarrell
well for that price range, I would suggest this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube30-Bass-Combo-1X10-Amp?sku=480178

I've enver fooled with bass guitars but I believe this would suit you fairly fine, the 100 watt is $450, but perhaps you can find some used amp peg's head and cabinents for same price

Yeah, I was just looking at that amp. I can try it out tomorrow If I wanna, and I probably should.
As stated above, I only want a small combo to practice with.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
yeah for regular guitar I use the Cube 60, which is the Cube 100 Watt Bass amp equivalent, sounds good at low volumes , you may can find the 100 wat used cheaper but you risk quality so try the 30 watt one out

or just pay someone to steal the 100 watt for you j/k
That's going to be difficult. You know that bass sound waves are very powerful and carry through solid objects like walls and floors. Any amp you buy that will be quiet enough isn't going to sound good. Your only choice is an amp with a smallish speaker (8") and low power (less than 10 watts solid state.) You should be able to find one pretty cheap as bass amps such as I just described usually come in "beginner bass guitar paks along with a cheap bass. I have no recommendations for you as I am not a bass player, but you will probably have to settle for below average sound quality. I don't know if they make practice bass amps with a headphone jack and have no idea how good they sound through headphones but that may be an option. Whatever amp you buy keep it off the floor and away from walls. Point it away from the main populated areas of your apartment building. Good luck.
Quote by uldhppi
That's going to be difficult. You know that bass sound waves are very powerful and carry through solid objects like walls and floors. Any amp you buy that will be quiet enough isn't going to sound good. Your only choice is an amp with a smallish speaker (8") and low power (less than 10 watts solid state.) You should be able to find one pretty cheap as bass amps such as I just described usually come in "beginner bass guitar paks along with a cheap bass. I have no recommendations for you as I am not a bass player, but you will probably have to settle for below average sound quality. I don't know if they make practice bass amps with a headphone jack and have no idea how good they sound through headphones but that may be an option. Whatever amp you buy keep it off the floor and away from walls. Point it away from the main populated areas of your apartment building. Good luck.

Hm, yeah, I thought of that before. But that shouldn't be too difficult. I only have two "actual" neighbours, as the part of the building below my apartment is hired by a company, so they shouldn't be complaining too much. I'm gonna try some amps tomorrow at lower volumes and see how they sound.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by hardcoredarrell
yeah for regular guitar I use the Cube 60, which is the Cube 100 Watt Bass amp equivalent, sounds good at low volumes , you may can find the 100 wat used cheaper but you risk quality so try the 30 watt one out

or just pay someone to steal the 100 watt for you j/k

Yeah, they have a couple of the 30W one at the place I'll be going to tomorrow, so I'll see how I like it.

Btw, I love the guitar cubes, but I chose a Vox Valvetronix over it, as I don't play all that much metal nowadays.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Yeah, they have a couple of the 30W one at the place I'll be going to tomorrow, so I'll see how I like it.

Btw, I love the guitar cubes, but I chose a Vox Valvetronix over it, as I don't play all that much metal nowadays.

yeah I seem to play mostly metal , but I do play mellow stuff with effects in mah clean channel

Death metal Bass right??? haha j/k
Have anyone tried any of the Ashdown Perfect Ten or the likes? How are they? I really like the sound of the MAG series.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!