how do i get that clapton sound in derek and the dominoes? i have a strat and vox valvetronix amp 30 watt. what settings would i need.

for specific song: Have you ever loved a woman, Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

much appreciated.
i would put it on AC 30 or the tweed, and adjust the gain and eq
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I can nail his tone with my strat and my (modded) Champ; so if there's any model on your amp of any Fender tweed, that'll be the closest you can get without having to buy a new one.
On my Valvetronix i put it on Tweed 4x10 and i set it up like this:

Treble: 9 o'clock
Middle: 12 o'clock
Bass: 9 o'clock
Volume: full
Gain: full

Add a little reverb and use a strat on the neck or neck-middle pickup with your neck-tone on full and your middle-tone on about 7.
Middle pickup works best for me, and I believe that's how god played it too.
Quote by L_Buckingham
On my Valvetronix i put it on Tweed 4x10 and i set it up like this:

Treble: 9 o'clock
Middle: 12 o'clock
Bass: 9 o'clock
Volume: full
Gain: full

Add a little reverb and use a strat on the neck or neck-middle pickup with your neck-tone on full and your middle-tone on about 7.

thanks a lot to everyone. this set up wasn't quite there yet. i had to put the treble somewhat higher to get the sound. thanks a lot though!!!!!
Quote by Johnonon
i would put it on AC 30 or the tweed, and adjust the gain and eq

+1

Those two sound amazing IMO.

Not suer about that era, specifically but yeah I get some nice overall classic and Clapton tones with those. Then use the gain knob to adjust the clean and drive as needed.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
also try the uk 70s model. very good for that smooth lead sound.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!