I walked into my local music store today just to chat with the guys there (I go about 2-3 times a week to talk guitars). I start chatting with the pedal guy who is one of the coolest gus i know and the next thing i know I'm walking out of the store with an EHX Little Big Muff. I think I've got a GAS problem and too much money that should be going towards a girl

About the LBM-I had already tried the NYC big muff, and i like the LBM better, and i have no space on my pedal board for the NYC. It sounds like an old big muff, kind of like J. Mascis or Billy Corgan. I've heard complaints, but it suits my style perfectly.

I need to end my pedal buying addiction
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
I walked into my local music store today just to chat with the guys there (I go about 2-3 times a week to talk guitars). I start chatting with the pedal guy who is one of the coolest gus i know and the next thing i know I'm walking out of the store with an EHX Little Big Muff. I think I've got a GAS problem and too much money that should be going towards a girl

About the LBM-I had already tried the NYC big muff, and i like the LBM better, and i have no space on my pedal board for the NYC. It sounds like an old big muff, kind of like J. Mascis or Billy Corgan. I've heard complaints, but it suits my style perfectly.

I need to end my pedal buying addiction

Hooker ?

Gratz on the pedal though I hear they're pretty good.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
no, just a girlfriend in general. You know, like buying her dinner and gifts and all that other stuff

But i like the way you think

just kidding
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Best way to get over a gearhead addiction is to focus on your technique and finding ways to make different sounds without buying all kinds of tech stuff. Try tuning your guitar to the scale of a japanese Koto and hit it with a slide. You'll flip out.

Back to the point, though - work on your chops instead and find different ways to make the sounds you're after. Every seen the video on youtube of the asian guy playin Super Mario with just his guitar? Sound effects and everything. There's a way, man - you just gotta work for it.
i know, and i spend hours with my pedals and milking every tone i can out of it. Then im like "Man i really want this tone as well." or "To play like this, this effect would sound great with it"

Great advice though, you are obviously wise beyond your years
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^ Well i don't blame you to be honest

I focus on my technique but it's not like you can get a geat phase sound by yourself etc and so GAS is natural, and if you can afford it, give into it? You'll probably find that you'll run out of things you want very quickly

All i want is an OD, a tuner pedal, a noise supressor, a phaser, a flanger, a decent wah [my GCP-95 crybaby is crap although i may mod it] and possibly a clean boost =D
Nah, not wise beyond my years - just a bored musician with no life who's got tons of time to figure crap like that out.. Just keep diggin, man. You'll get to a place you're cool with eventually.

The only ones who fail are the ones who stop tryin.
I bought a marshall 0.8watt mini stack for like 85$ and I've used it like 4 times.
I also bought a distortion pedal the first day I bought my amp.
I didn't know what distrotion was
i think all players go through this phase, then as they get better they figure out what they like more and more, and finally settle on having a dream rig, or a rig thats all their own.
If you play at parties or gig a little you will have plenty of female companionship (at least for a night.) Its nice to have a regular girlfriend but they kind of get in the way sometimes. If you get a regular get one in another town that comes from a family where cheating is viewed as part of the male lifestyle.
^ i like having someone there for me. but then my girlfriend is different. she's russian and SHE does the buying of gifts. gosh i love her. lol She bought me a cheap £70 guitar off of ebay, turned out to be a pretty decent little guitar easily worth £200-£250. I guess you just have to find a girl who isn't a money sucking b*tch. She hates guitar and my severe GAS because she can't resist buying me things that are under £100
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I bought a quite expensive OD today (the one in my sig), but my girlfriend thought it was ok, because it "looked nice".
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^ i like having someone there for me. but then my girlfriend is different. she's russian and SHE does the buying of gifts. gosh i love her. lol She bought me a cheap £70 guitar off of ebay, turned out to be a pretty decent little guitar easily worth £200-£250. I guess you just have to find a girl who isn't a money sucking b*tch. She hates guitar and my severe GAS because she can't resist buying me things that are under £100

My ex-wife is Middle Eastern. She thought that all guitar players were no-good cheating bums. I tried to tell her I wasn't a bum.
Guitars will get you through times of no women better than women will get you through times of no guitars.
Last edited by uldhppi at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by uldhppi

Guitars will get you through times of no women better than women will get you through times of no guitars.

that is sig worthy
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Well, you can get some pretty cheap prostitues these days, so there's more for GAS spending!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30