Needing to change the strings on my new Hellraiser from their current .09s... Was digging through my "guitar drawer" and found I still had a pack of Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies that I never opened.

I like the feel of .11s, but never tried these before and I understand that these are supposed to be even tighter than the DR .11s that I have on one of my other guitars. But would they be TOO tight for standard tuning? I go back and forth between standard and drop D. In other words, should I expect neck issues if I use them in either tuning or am I just overthinking things a bit?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
nah i used to use beefys all the time, in anything from standard e to drop c, they'll be fine
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
If ur going between Standard and Drop D, i would get 10's. 11's might be too tight, so u could be having problems.
It's just like driving with your feet -

You CAN do it, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Putting a gauge that heavy on the bottom three and alternately that light on the top three will, when tuning to standard...

A)Mess with your neck's tension and, unless you REALLY work the bridge, kill your unison bends and octaves, both string skipped and above the 12th fret.
B)Play hell with your truss rod.
C)Make barring from top to bottom a pain.

That's not to say this can't be done, but I've seen good necks on good guitars go bad cause of tuning to standard on gauges like that.
^

Is that just the Beefy Slinkies or any .11s in general?
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i have beefies on my les paul. sounds .. well.. beefy. but barring is a b*tch
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Well, I wasn't worried about barring, or bending as I figured I would've gotten used to it anyway. I was more worried about potential long term issues that might happen to the neck.

Like I've said, I've got .11s on another guitar (Schecter Gryphon), but those are DR. Extra Life coated (11,14,18,28,38,50), and those don't seem to be too far off from .10s at all. The other strings that I was thinking of putting on my new Hellraiser were the Beefies (11,15,22,30,42,54). Looking in the envelopes, there's a BIG difference in the strings. So that's why I was asking.
they wouldn't be selling 13s if it would do serious damage. you'l be fine, but you will need a truss and intonation adjustment
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Thanks for the info everyone!