Well it's my birthday in about two weeks time so I've been looking for what to buy ask my parents for/ buy with my money. Since I've only got a two year old little 1gb mp3 player which has a majorly cracked screen and has survived going through the washing machine twice I decided it's perhaps time for an upgrade. I have been looking at the new iPod nanos and some other mp3 players and was wondering if UG could give some advice on what to get. At the moment I probably wont need more than 8gb. I have looked at the Classics which do look like good value for money seeing as the old nanos used to sell for the same price and they have ten times the amount of space but I really don't need that much memory.
Also I was looking at them on the Apple site and it says they come with free engraving but I wondered if this affected the warranty or anything like that as I have heard that from people but they don't seem very reliable.
Thanks for any suggestions.
IPod... more like IFail

but seriously i don't know
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
i say just get a 4 or 8gig ipon nano. they are small sleek and sexy, and dont cost that much. plus they play videos now
Quote by triple_X_maniac
IPod... more like IFail

but seriously i don't know

more like uFail

ipods are the best selling mp3 players
i'd say a classic or a video, maybe 4gigs? how much music do you listen to?
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Quote by nightraven
iPod Touch?
iPod classic has loads of memory and if you only have 8gb you won't ever fill that up

You mean you will fill that up?
Quote by Hellraiser C-7
more like uFail

because people are dumb enough to buy the same thing over and over again (so long as it has a new name and a new gadget on it)

to the threadstarter.

i suggest getting a zen mp3 player. i've heard marvelous things about it, and my nephew's got one and he says its lasted him a lot longer than any of his friends ipods.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by MattPerson911
i'd say a classic or a video, maybe 4gigs? how much music do you listen to?

I don't think I have that much. I have about 700 songs on my computer and I have some more cds that I'll probably put on when I have time. Not much, I know but i'm planning to have a mass downloading session in the october holidays for studying.
Quote by Hellraiser C-7
more like uFail

that doesn't make em any good. i hate mine its a ****ing pain and i got it like right when it came out then like 2 weeks later the newer ones came out and now i can't find jack **** for my ipod.
Quote by x_thurston_x

i suggest getting a zen mp3 player. i've heard marvelous things about it, and my nephew's got one and he says its lasted him a lot longer than any of his friends ipods.

i had one. tech support for creative is a bitch to deal with. but yea theyre good
I say get the new nano(3rd Gen) 8 gigs is perfect!!!
the quality is great and 8 gigs for a nano...with video and games!?!
THATS a deal!!
Quote by Hellraiser C-7
more like uFail

i wasn't even being serious i just saw the opportunity
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
Also, another kinda problem I have with iPods are that they bring a new nano out every year. I suppose you could say they go 'out of date' very quickly and everyone knows if it's old. Whereas if I went for say, a Creative Zen V+, people might not notice its so old. Och I suppose I should just not care what people think .
I would probably spend about £160 or so but i'm open to suggestions.
Quote by nightraven
Meh, it wasn't funny, and I am completely lost at your location, title and sig.

i don't really understand what you are lost about but ok

on topic:

i'd get the video
seems practical
Quote by bassboy 999

Quote by snipelfritz

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by cerealkiller665
I say get the new nano(3rd Gen) 8 gigs is perfect!!!
the quality is great and 8 gigs for a nano...with video and games!?!
THATS a deal!!

have you ever seen ipod games?
iPods require iTunes

if you can stand iTunes and, (from what I've heard) bad sound, an iPod should be good.

I've allways gone with creative myself, they never dabble in special programs or dubious copy protection stuff which are beeing sneaked into other players.
I'd go for the touch, my dad just got one, and the thing is incredible, also, id go without the ingraving, although it doesnt void the warrenty it will signifigantly decrease resale value.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT