I wanna get rid of my Fender, do most guitar shops give you some sort of trade in offer? I know this is pretty generic but yeah..

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

some do, some don't. Depends on the guitar that you are trading in to get ______ guitar in return.
well i'm pretty sure 99.9% do consignment, i'm not sure about trade ins tho
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
It depends on the shop. You might just be able to post a paper up that says "If you want to buy a Fender for $[Insert number], then call [insert phone number, email, etc.]".

EDIT: Sorry, but I didn't see that you meant "trade" rather than "sell".
Guitarcenter has a "Used" section in their website.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
There's no reason why they shouldn't. However, they have the right to refuse. I went to 3 guitar stores to try to sell my Schecter C-1. Basically what they do is they put it up on display, and you get the money when someone buys it.

The thing is, they will usually take a large percentage of your cash. My guitar sold for 1000 francs, I got 750 of them. I gave it in a few months ago, and only got the money today.

Autumn is the shopping season, so trade it in now.
Guitar Center will, but they won't give you quite as much as it's worth. But since yours is a Fender its worth seeing what their offer is. Also if you plan on buying a guitar while you're there they'll be nicer to you.
you got soul, or so you say. hey, i say you don't!

Quote by Sol9989
Quote by sashki
Autumn is the shopping season

Something about that just makes my mind go blank...
most will, but they'll give u **** all for it. a private sale is best. I want your strat. thank you and goodnight.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
it depends where you go
you have a better chance of a part exchange. trade the guitar plus whatever extra cash you need to give to make the value of the guitar you want to buy
StueyALBB
Quote by thewho65
It has to be a guitar of slightly lesser value

no... you can get whatever you want, as long as you have the money
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by StueyALBB
it depends where you go
you have a better chance of a part exchange. trade the guitar plus whatever extra cash you need to give to make the value of the guitar you want to buy

thats exactly what i did only with my mg
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Well the guitar I want is an Epiphone Les Paul standard and the Fender is the one in my sig, so it's worth about twice as much as the Epiphone. I wonder if theres any chance of them giving me the Epiphone as well as a bit of cash on the side... probably pushing it but I dunno.

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Quote by DarylCooper
Well the guitar I want is an Epiphone Les Paul standard and the Fender is the one in my sig, so it's worth about twice as much as the Epiphone. I wonder if theres any chance of them giving me the Epiphone as well as a bit of cash on the side... probably pushing it but I dunno.

why the hell would you trade an american strat for an epiphone les paul? the strat is sooo much better
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
why the hell would you trade an american strat for an epiphone les paul? the strat is sooo much better

Played the Epiphone today in a shop side by side with my Strat and preferred the feel of the neck, the looks, and the fat tone of the LP. Call me crazy but I think that the LP is more of my style if you know what I mean..

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Quote by Retro Rocker
Something about that just makes my mind go blank...

Believe it or not, that's what they said at the guitar store when I was selling it. I sold it in June. They said no-one buys in summer and that Autumn is the shopping season.

I was also filled with a strong sense of blank.
I think I'm just gonna eBay it, much easier than waiting for some random to buy it in the shop :P

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Quote by DarylCooper
I think I'm just gonna eBay it, much easier than waiting for some random to buy it in the shop :P

thats for consignment... the shop itself may buy it from you right away
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
That sounds good, I think I'll put it on eBay tomorrow anyway, and say in the auction that its advertised elsewhere so I can remove it or whatever, then I'll go down the guitar shop and see what they wanna do with it. At least that way if I don't sell it to the shop I'll be a good way into the auction already and can get my money quicker lol

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

youd prolly get more money from ebay. if i were you id save up then sell it n buy a real les paul
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Nah another reason why I'm going for a cheaper guitar than what I have already is so I can get money towards a car. What good is all that equipment when you cant drive to gigs?

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

yea but id just get rides from other ppl lol... w/e if thats what u want get it
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8