Can you guys settle an argument for me? The other day my buddy and I were discussing our nationalites and such, and he said that he was Scottish. So I said "Doesn't that make you British?" And he doesn't think it does. But the country of Scotland is part of Great Britain so I don't see why it doesn't make sense. Anyone know the answer?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Yes he's British.

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

i'd say yes. the only confusion i have is ireland/N. ireland/UK/Britain and which is included in which and which isnt and such.

i dont think nanyone knows about the channel islands either lol

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
yeah he's British.
Quote by Kensai

I've learned that whenever you're losing an argument, you can call the opponent a muslim-hater and you win

Quote by DrRockso

(softly whispered)...i do cocaine...
Great Britian is, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, therefore he's british
My passport says I'm Great British but if anyone asks me what my nationality is I'll say Scottish.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
He's british. The Channel Islands are meant to be British, but are influenced by the French and are closer to France. Don't know, they are special.
It's gonna be a blue day
Where about in Scotland? I was born in Glasgow myself, grew up in a village near Balfron called Killearn.
seeeee im scottish too, and i can understand his reasoning.
alot, and i mean alot, of scottish people seem to completley disassociate themselves with the english, because they don't like the idea of england making scotland ireland nd wales their proverbial politcal "bitch".
so either he's very politcal or he's **** at geography
yeh hes British... and scottish. its really wierd here in the uk coz you live in about 5 places at once...
He's British. Either that or he's not really Scottish, doesn't know what "British" means and is just bull****ting you.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Well, he's probably American, really...

But, it's a touchy subject, especially when N. Ireland's involved. I suggest not bringing it up.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

He is technically british but some Scottish people don't assosicate themselves with the English. I usually say i'm Scottish. It's damn annoying when some idiot presumes your English if you say you're British.
I mean, do I look anything like an English person? Especially with my kilt, my ginger uncontrolable hair and running after a haggis
Last edited by Lorenp at Sep 21, 2007,
He's british.
But, some scots do want independence....

{'IM NOT BRITISH'

'YEAH YOU ARE...'

'WELL, I DONT WANNA BE!'

sort of thing}
He's a Brit. Make him be proud of being a Brit because we are the best nation on this planet.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Maybe he's an illegal alien and he hasn't revised his facts properly.
To clear this up:

British = Citizen of "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"(UK)

United Kingom (UK) - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

(Great) Britain - England, Scotland and Wales

Ireland - Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
Quote by Magic Jim
Where about in Scotland? I was born in Glasgow myself, grew up in a village near Balfron called Killearn.

I'm not sure man, usually us Americans don't know unless your family still lives there or recently came over, you know what I mean? Since you can't exactly be American as an ethnicity, everyone associates themselves with where their ancestors came from. So nobody, and I do mean nobody, walks around saying they're American to other Americans. Thats only when you are talking to people who live in other countries. For example I tell people I'm German, French, Irish, Italian, Swedish, and Poruguese, although technically I'm American.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Technically British, but no-one would say that ahead of their proper country, i'm English, Scots are Scottish ect....They're only British when they want 'our' money or we want 'their' dwindling oil or tennis players.

P.S. I hope the American Haverhill is better then the festering tip that the English one is.
Quote by Alix_D
Technically British, but no-one would say that ahead of their proper country, i'm English, Scots are Scottish ect....They're only British when they want 'our' money or we want 'their' dwindling oil or tennis players.

P.S. I hope the American Haverhill is better then the festering tip that the English one is.

Haha I've had a few people tell me that Haverhill, England is awful. My city isn't too bad, its nice and big with lots of stuff to do. We have a lot of Hispanics though kinda overcrowding the city. Theres also a Haverhill, New Hampshire buts in the middle of nowhere, and a Haverhill, Florida which is just a regular town. My Haverhill is the best in the world!
Quote by Alix_D

so true
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
Haha I've had a few people tell me that Haverhill, England is awful. My city isn't too bad, its nice and big with lots of stuff to do. We have a lot of Hispanics though kinda overcrowding the city. Theres also a Haverhill, New Hampshire buts in the middle of nowhere, and a Haverhill, Florida which is just a regular town. My Haverhill is the best in the world!

Well you won't get much competition from ours, I find it hard to believe there have been at least 3 cities named after it though

Come to think of it, it was probably me talking to you about this before *shrug*
Quote by Alix_D
Well you won't get much competition from ours, I find it hard to believe there have been at least 3 cities named after it though

Come to think of it, it was probably me talking to you about this before *shrug*

Could have been I suppose, but whatever. Why is Haverhill in the UK so bad anyway?
It's an overspill town, full of dated council housing, it's got a very poor variety of shops and entertainment, poor transport links, and is generally occupied by none to friendly people.

Also, it has this:

Which looks interesting in that picture, but in real life it looks like a dustbin turned upside down and stuck on a roundabout.
Last edited by Alix_D at Sep 21, 2007,
Too bad the Americans will have no idea what a roundabout is.

Even if you tell them it's a traffic circle, which is what they are called in the states.

Even when I saw one, I was like WHAT THE EFF

WHAT THE EFF, DAVID BLAINE