I was just wondering how often most of you change your strings on electric guitars.

I've had a set of D'addario 9-42s on mine for about a month now, and I was wondering if I should go ahead and change em out.
i just got a guitar about a month ago and i think that the strings were a little messed up when i bought it (according to a friend). i dont know much about buying strings... accually i dont know anything. any recomendations

i like to play mostly glam and older metal. i have an epiphone sg
they call og or nothing at all!!
You can usually stretch to three if you must, but mine are off every month and a half.

To Above: .10 Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies are what I have on my Epiphone SG
I've had mine in for about 6 months, i should really give them a change!
A little rule of thumb, if you buy a used guitar, put new strings on it instantly. You've no idea how long the old set has been on it. Actually this goes for some new guitars too, especially the ones that have been hanging around in a store for a while.
Quote by LeftyDave
A little rule of thumb, if you buy a used guitar, put new strings on it instantly. You've no idea how long the old set has been on it. Actually this goes for some new guitars too, especially the ones that have been hanging around in a store for a while.

i think that is how mine was. its only 3 weeks old and i can tell the strings are bad
they call og or nothing at all!!
i bought new strings maybe 3 weeks ago and i wanna buy heavier guage ones cause i got used to this one and i just want heavier strings