can anyone tell me of a cheap sampler, where you can load sounds from your computer onto, and basically hook up to the pa and push a button and have it play the sound you want to? i don't need any fancy touch sensitive pads or 3000GB disk space on it, nor do i need any sounds already on it. thanks
Quote by Slipping_Away
A laptop.

kinda hard to hit the right keys on stage, and it's prone to having viruses or lagging when you want it to play.
Samplers and loopers arent too cheap im afraid. look around, the only one i can think of is a Boss.
Quote by CoreysMonster
kinda hard to hit the right keys on stage, and it's prone to having viruses or lagging when you want it to play.

Well I should have explained better. This is if you have one, obviously it's not a "cheap" sampler, just a really easy to use and good one if you use something like Ableton Live with any standard MIDI keyboard.

And no, it shouldn't have viruses if you're not a complete moron, nor should it lag.
Quote by Slipping_Away
Well I should have explained better. This is if you have one, obviously it's not a "cheap" sampler, just a really easy to use and good one if you use something like Ableton Live with any standard MIDI keyboard.

And no, it shouldn't have viruses if you're not a complete moron, nor should it lag.

Ableton live? MIDI keyboard? please explain, i'm a complete n00b with this stuff.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ableton live? MIDI keyboard? please explain, i'm a complete n00b with this stuff.

First of all, do you have a laptop? There's really not much use in explaining this if you don't, but...

Ableton Live is just a computer program, that you can do a ton of stuff in, it's a DAW like any other, but it has a really simple, easy to use, and nice sampler built in. A MIDI keyboard is just a keyboard (piano, not QWERTY keyboard) that you can plug into your computer to use with music stuff.
Quote by Slipping_Away
First of all, do you have a laptop? There's really not much use in explaining this if you don't, but...

Ableton Live is just a computer program, that you can do a ton of stuff in, it's a DAW like any other, but it has a really simple, easy to use, and nice sampler built in. A MIDI keyboard is just a keyboard (piano, not QWERTY keyboard) that you can plug into your computer to use with music stuff.

yes i have a laptop, but with windows, not a Mac.

EDIT: snap, that programm is very expensive. thank god for the inet

would one of these work?

http://www.thomann.de/de/solton_k8_bass_pedal.htm

or one of these?

http://www.thomann.de/de/m-audio_keystation_49e_usbmidikeyboard.htm
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by CoreysMonster
yes i have a laptop, but with windows, not a Mac.

Windows is fine. If you're more interested check out www.ableton.com (although there are probably other, much cheaper samplers) and go to www.sweetwater.com and check out MIDI keyboards.
just get a cheap akai mpc, they're definately the best samplers. but a midi keyboard with a laptop works too.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
just get a cheap akai mpc, they're definately the best samplers. but a midi keyboard with a laptop works too.

this is EXACTLY what i was looking for.

you, sir, are my hero of the day (it's 23:28 over here)