So, my friends grandfather died and I don't know if I should care. I know this sounds awful. It's just that:

I only met him once

This kid is my best friend...but not his grandfather. I am supposed to go to the funeral sunday, and then a "shiver"...whatever that is. I guess emotional support for my friend and his dad? I don't even know how close they were...I don't think that much, considering he was sick(grandfather) for a while.

Any suggestions on how to go about this, and or, why/if I should care.
If you don't care, you don't care. Don't feign emotion. However, you should attend the funeral for your friend's moral support. Hopefully you care about your friend. =/
Just go, It will probably mean a lot to your friend.

You don't have to care but still be there
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I agree with yawn.

show your friend support but you cant help if you dont care.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by Child In Time
He's a friend, Christ, go to the funeral.

Kids today....

i don't have a choice...i have to go....
You should be there for your friend. If he wants you to come to the funeral, go.
[quote="'[X"]']i don't have a choice...i have to go....

You shouldn't have to think about it.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

[quote="'[X"]']i don't have a choice...i have to go....

why you asking us if you should go then?
no you don't have a choice if you care the least bit about your best friend! i don't mean to be rude but if you don't go then your really ain't that much of a good friend to him! anyways just go and be suportive to your friend and his family you don't need to care about going to the funeral but do your friend a favor and he'll apreciate it trust me
Quote by Vince Noir
why you asking us if you should go then?

i am asking if I should care...and whether you think it is important to go...
Jesus! If you should care? It's your friend, of course you should care.

What a wanker.

[quote="'[X"]']i am asking if I should care...and whether you think it is important to go...

like everyone said, you don't have to care, but go if your friend wants you there
I don't think you understand. I care about my friend, I care that he may be saddened by the event. But, i don't know his grandfather, or any of his family other than his dad, mom, and bro. I just don't think it is right for me to go to a funeral for someone that I do not know well.
[quote="'[X"]']I don't think you understand. I care about my friend, I care that he may be saddened by the event. But, i don't know his grandfather, or any of his family other than his dad, mom, and bro. I just don't think it is right for me to go to a funeral for someone that I do not know well.

I don't think you get the principles of friendship.

[quote="'[X"]']I don't think you understand. I care about my friend, I care that he may be saddened by the event. But, i don't know his grandfather, or any of his family other than his dad, mom, and bro. I just don't think it is right for me to go to a funeral for someone that I do not know well.

You're right i don't understand. If you feel it's that inappropriate don't go.