What is your opinion on this? I play through a Laney VC15 amp and i am looking for heavier drive than what is built into the amp. I play stuff like screamo/heavy rock/hardcore music.

cheers.
I wouldn't really buy a Digitech pedal, every digitech pedal I've bought made me hate Digitech even more and more lol. It has a really bad tone I'd go for a marshall pedal, I also think people here often suggest BOSS pedals (thou I don't use Boss so I wouldn't be able 2 reccomend)

MVL.
I like mine, but its personal preference i suppose...
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
go with boss, they are wayyyyyy betterrrrr.. i recommend since you play various types of music maybe getting a ds-2 turbo distortion pedal
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
i had a digitech grunge at one point. one of my first pedals. i thought it sounded good then, but playing one this summer....no. it's got a lot of loose, gritty distortion and is not very versatile at all. though, that's just my opinion. try one out and if you like it, go for it
buy an overdrive pedal and use it to boost your gain channel. the Boss SD-1 or an Ibanez Tubescreamer are two you may want to check out.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
whats the difference between the overdrive and distortion pedals? I just presumed distortion were just more heavy sounding?

ill read about the tube sscreamer, boss ds2 and sd1
What do you guys think of the Boss OS2 for screamo/posthardcore music?
The grunge pedal was first put into production in the early 90's by DOD, and the pedal was basically a marketing scheme. It had cheap parts and was overpriced. Todays version is the same way, except with even cheaper parts.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

^+1 to distortion plus, or try the electro-harmonix metal muff or double muff
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Thanks

do you know anything about the Marshall JH1
(jackhammer)

It sounded quite good on the soundclip
Last edited by dannyyy at Sep 23, 2007,
Ive heard that the distortion is quite muddy and really not that great, but that the overdrive mode is amazing.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

well would I be using overdrive or distortion?

im guessing distortion for heavier music?

i heard the distortion plus isnt so great, but i cant find any soundclips to listen to it
found a soundclip of the mxr distortion plus + and i really liked the sound of it.
it's a great pedal, it has a lot of versitility, and Randy Rhoads used one. It's only about 60-70 bucks too, so it's quite a bargain
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Its £75 GBP which is too expensive for me. I like the Metal Muff and thats only £55, even though thats still rather pricey, but I guess i will use it for a long time

anyone got anything to say about electro harmonix metal muff?
electro-harmonix make some really awesome pedals, i'd go for it if i were you
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat