I know there are so many threads about pickups, and I promise you all that I have searched and done plenty of research. Still, I would really appreciate it if I could be steered in the right direction here. I've got two guitars, my Les Paul standard plus, and my Classic 70's stratocaster. I've been playing for about 9 months now, and I fully realize the limitations to the stock pups I have in my guitars. I'm looking to make my Les Paul sound pretty bang on to Jimmy Page. I should note I do want versatility though, I don't want to be limited to that sound specifically. My Strat I wanted to have a David Gilmour/SRV tone, that could also be used to play cleaner style music like John Fruciante and Reggae.

Cliffs: What pickups for each guitar would be best for me?

Les Paul: Jimmy Page tone but able to play classic rock. Looking for that warm, full tone that is a tad fuzzy and "meaty".

Strat: Love the Gilmour tone but I know it isn't versitile. Also play Stevie Ray Vaughn, The who, Doors. I am looking to possibly get a tone similar to SRV and Gilmour. I want the Pink Floyd clean sound, with the SRV "punch" so to speak. I was thinking of the Texas Specials, but I am not sure how they would fair playing Pink Floyd.

Any help would be really appreciated, im a bit lost here!
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Budget and amp?

I've got a VoxAD15VT. I'm not too worried how much they are, nothing super super expensive, hoping to get them for my birthday.
For your LP I'd suggest a set of Duncan 59's then. I have them in my LP and they'll get you some nice Page tones. They're warm, smooth, and have just the right amount of top end. I can get a wonderful crunch from them as well. They still have a nice bit of versatility in them too. Keep in mind though the pickups are only a piece of the puzzle to Page's tone.
Page had some custom wiring done on his guitars. I had seen the diagram of it just recently but have no idea where. You could probably do a search for it, or someone here may know where to find it.
Quote by Kill Rockstar
Page had some custom wiring done on his guitars. I had seen the diagram of it just recently but have no idea where. You could probably do a search for it, or someone here may know where to find it.

He was able to switch between series/parellel wiring, coil splits, and out of phase tones. I think the final number comes out to 21 different combinations he could choose from

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=jp_style
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
For your LP I'd suggest a set of Duncan 59's then. I have them in my LP and they'll get you some nice Page tones. They're warm, smooth, and have just the right amount of top end. I can get a wonderful crunch from them as well. They still have a nice bit of versatility in them too. Keep in mind though the pickups are only a piece of the puzzle to Page's tone.

That would be a fantastic idea for your LP.

For your Strat, I wouldn't go for Texas Specials. Go for some vintage wound ones, and then just play harder and use a TS-type pedal to get SRV.
Check out these:
http://rockmonkeyguitars.com/smooth_groove.htm
Really great pickups.
I have a 1962 Smooth Groove in my neck, and that's great for vintage tones. Then I have an overwound Swingin' Hot with a coil tap in the middle position, for any harder rock needs. Those would definitely do SRV. I have yet to install the bridge pickup he made for me, though...
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I think i'll put the DS 59's in my Les Paul. I'm still trying to decide what I should do with my strat though. I'll check out some Vintage wound pickups like forsaknazrael mentioned. Tone wise, I do want a SRV tone, but I really really love David Gilmour's tone. Does Seymour Duncan make any pickups that would play Pink Floyd yet be able to play some Blues also, even like Mark Knopfler's tone?