I will be purchasing wood for the building of a Jazzmaster/PRS guitar that I will be building. It will be African Mahogany neck, Indian Rosewood Fretboard, African Mahogany body and Birds Eye Maple top. I am just wondering what thickness of timber for the body parts would be adequate and what dimensions I should get the timber cut to for all the parts. It will be a 25" scale neck
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i think a 1 1/2" body would be good. Neck shoule be about a 35" block of wood about 6.5" thick, allowing for headstock angle. Maple should be same size as the body blank. Save the extra for different laminates, like maybe a headstock. Idk about the width for ur body blank, or the length, measure some guitars and allow maybe an extra few inches around.

sounds like an awesome build. Make a thread on it plz.
Thank you very much for your help. I'm leaving for Trends in an hour with your dimensions. It should be great.

Yeah, I'll try to keep an ongoing thread on it here. Its for my HSC (final exam) project.

Thanks again.

Anyone else got any suggestions?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM