I hope someone could shed some light on this. As some of you may know from my earlier topics I was originally planning on getting a Roland Cube 30x but then I thought about getting the rp250 mfx pedal because the pros outweigh the pros for the Roland...

RP250
  • **** load of effects.
  • Drum machine.
  • Tuner.
  • Expression pedal.
  • USB recording.
  • Pickup simulator.
  • $150

Roland Cube 30x
  • Better sound quality
  • 5 effects.
  • No drum machine.
  • Footswitch costs $40
  • Amp is 230 bucks.
  • No expression pedal.
  • I would need to mic it up for pc recording.
  • Dyna-Amp mode looks cool
  • Better noise gate?

I play a MIM strat through a fender frontman 15w and I play mainly hard rock and metal sometimes some blues. EDIT: I am looking to spend 250-300 MAX...
Last edited by Hellfire999 at Sep 21, 2007,
RP250 - Pros

**** load of effects.
Drum machine.
Tuner.
Expression pedal.
USB recording.
Pickup simulator.
$150

Cons
Your amp is crap
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
This leads me on to saying, is the 350rp any good? For a serious hobby player. By serious I mean me.
Check edit and would the valvetronix be any good? Yes I know my amp is crap but if i got a mfx I would play through headphones or the comp but I heard the rp250 made crap amps sound better...
In my experience a multi won't make up for a crap amp. Also the Cube has a line out so you don't need to mic it for recording. The Valvetronix is equally good, just better at different things.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Hellfire999
Like what? And are there any good quality cheap drum machines?

The drum machine on my RP80 is pass-able for general useage and jamming, honestly.

I heard the one on the RP350 is pretty sweet.
Freeware/shareware drum machine programs work quite nicely. Use google, you should be able to find some stuff.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't consider a jamming situation. If you're just recording, a program would be fine.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Last edited by Darth_Queso at Sep 21, 2007,
^

That's true but on the RP series all you gotta do is press a button or 3 for drums in any style in any tempo (within reason).
So should I get a rp250, valvetronix 15-30w or a Roland Cube30w if I have a MIM strat and play hard rock, old-ish metal, new-ish metal and a tiny bit of blues?
Roland Cube fo sho'.

Meh, multi effects, from what everyones says are the whole "you love them or hate them" kinda deal, i didn't like my multi fx at all..i had an..RP300 i think it was...i didn't like it at all, too digital and eh..i guess they're good for learning what effects do what, etc. But actually using them for tone, meh.

My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Yes, I already told you that...pay attention in class!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I thought you said the vox had a line out 0.0...So what would be better for practice a vox15+DS-1 or a cube 30x? I was thinking a vox+ a ds1 to give it the extra distortion it needs for metal and the vox probably has a more tubey sound cus it's a hybrid where the roland is a pure SS...
Quote by Hellfire999
I thought you said the vox had a line out 0.0...So what would be better for practice a vox15+DS-1 or a cube 30x? I was thinking a vox+ a ds1 to give it the extra distortion it needs for metal and the vox probably has a more tubey sound cus it's a hybrid where the roland is a pure SS...

They'll both have line outs - and the DS-1 trick won't really work, you can use it on the clean channel, but trying to boost one of the distortion channels will just result in a nasty mess.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

So I should get the cube (1/3 of me is telling me to get the cube, 1/3 of me is telling me I should get the rp250 for all the effects, 1/3 is telling me to get the vox for the slightly tubier sound than the cube) Can the cube get nastier than this but still have great tone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHoyYJJyas Or should I save 150 for the bandit 112?
Last edited by Hellfire999 at Sep 21, 2007,