So i have been working for damn near nothing at a veterinary practice for 7 months. I have finally had enough and told them I quit today. I start my new job on Tuesday and will be making twice as much as I was with this previous job.

Kind of nerve wrecked since i have never really walked off a job before, but also somewhat relieved.

Anyone have any similar stories they'd like to share?
So why did you quit?
So you could get more from this other job?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
How much were you making?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I quit because it is a privately owned veterinary hospital. The owner is very abusive to his staff, and I was working my ass off for $8.00. When i first took the job, I was told that I would be able to work with the animals and they would train me on the job for being a registered veterinary technician.

I am a certified phlebotomist in california, meaning I can draw blood at any hospital. When I first started at this job, i offered to help draw blood from a dog that a technician was having difficulties with. About two hours later, my boss took me aside and said that that is a "black mark" on my record, and that if I kept it up, they would let me go. That people in my position are not allowed to do those sort of procedures.

So all I have been doing for six months is solely maintaining the entire hospital from moping the floors, to lifting 100lb boxes into the attic, to putting up light fixtures and cleaning bloody instruments.

Never once did they teach me anything that would start me down the path to becoming a technician. When I asked them about it, they said it would take 3-5 years of putting in work before they considered teaching me. Oh, and as far as raises, no raises for the first 2 years.
And as of January '08, $8.00 is minimum wage.
Haha a few years ago, I was working at McDonalds. I was working the kitchen, and i got an order for 20 McChickens, so I took off my hat and walked out the doors.

EDIT: And this was on the day I got promoted to Crew Trainer, and recieved a 50 cent raise.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
And yea, I will be making $16.00/hr working for a hospital in the laboratory as a specimen processor/analyzer which I have done for Quest Diagnostics for a few years.
Quote by koikomoru
I quit because it is a privately owned veterinary hospital. The owner is very abusive to his staff, and I was working my ass off for $8.00. When i first took the job, I was told that I would be able to work with the animals and they would train me on the job for being a registered veterinary technician.

I am a certified phlebotomist in california, meaning I can draw blood at any hospital. When I first started at this job, i offered to help draw blood from a dog that a technician was having difficulties with. About two hours later, my boss took me aside and said that that is a "black mark" on my record, and that if I kept it up, they would let me go. That people in my position are not allowed to do those sort of procedures.

So all I have been doing for six months is solely maintaining the entire hospital from moping the floors, to lifting 100lb boxes into the attic, to putting up light fixtures and cleaning bloody instruments.

Never once did they teach me anything that would start me down the path to becoming a technician. When I asked them about it, they said it would take 3-5 years of putting in work before they considered teaching me. Oh, and as far as raises, no raises for the first 2 years.
And as of January '08, $8.00 is minimum wage.

Wow, f**k those guys..you did right dude..
Put in your position, I would've quit within the first month!
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Set-Abominae
Haha a few years ago, I was working at McDonalds. I was working the kitchen, and i got an order for 20 McChickens, so I took off my hat and walked out the doors.

Thats fucking epic dude
I would've loved to have seen that..
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
You live in Walnut Creek? I hate that palce. I live in Walnut, and EVERYTIME I look for something in Walnut on Google, or any kind of reference thing, I get Walnut Creek instead.

You owned them though. Good job (PUN!).
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by AvengedThrice
Thats fucking epic dude
I would've loved to have seen that..

+1

That is hilarious.

Thanks for the responses. I am kind of a puss, and have always had a job lined up before I give my 2 weeks notice. But i just couldn't do it any longer. So yea, THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Quote by Set-Abominae

EDIT: And this was on the day I got promoted to Crew Trainer, and recieved a 50 cent raise.

You know what would've been more epic? If you threw your hat to the ground and stomped on it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
You know what would've been more epic? If you threw your hat to the ground and stomped on it.

Even more epic would have been to throw your hat on the ground, stomp on it then throw it in the deep fat fryer thing.....
I would have waited until he said "Hey that's a black mark on your re-"

And walked out.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by koikomoru
So i have been working for damn near nothing at a veterinary practice for 7 months. I have finally had enough and told them I quit today. I start my new job on Tuesday and will be making twice as much as I was with this previous job.

Kind of nerve wrecked since i have never really walked off a job before, but also somewhat relieved.

Anyone have any similar stories they'd like to share?

ive walked off 3 jobs now after working at $8 an hour for months...its not nearly enough to live off of in NJ....

im in College now working on getting into movie/news editing with Avid...that should get a nice pay and its hands on work thats not boring.
I got sacked today because the person who covered while on was on holiday ****ed up, which is out of order as it had nothing to do with me at all!
ha, you shouldnt feel bad. i quit my job last janurary and havnt had one since.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by Alix_D
I got sacked today because the person who covered while on was on holiday ****ed up, which is out of order as it had nothing to do with me at all!

That sucks mate, surely you could kinda appeal against it? Explain your case.
I used to work for an evil Subway for $6.75 an hour back in the day. I was really tempted at times to flip off the boss, throw a slice of turkey on her face, and burn the place down.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
That sucks mate, surely you could kinda appeal against it? Explain your case.

I have, they told me to get stuffed!

It's only a paper round, but it was £10 for about an hours work, so now i've only got 3 paper rounds left
Quote by Alix_D
I have, they told me to get stuffed!

It's only a paper round, but it was £10 for about an hours work, so now i've only got 3 paper rounds left

lol Quite a newspaper monopoly you got there bud

The only paper round I did paid me £5 for the 6 days work, a saturday! Suffice to say, the shopkeep got his bag thrown at him at the end of the first week.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
lol Quite a newspaper monopoly you got there bud

The only paper round I did paid me £5 for the 6 days work, a saturday! Suffice to say, the shopkeep got his bag thrown at him at the end of the first week.

It is quite, £35 a week for about 4 hours work. Got to love it really.

The early morning ones are rubbish, I gave up on mine 2 years ago when it changed hands and we got paid half as much and instead of doing it from a shop we had to do it from a derilict hut
I quit my job at a grocery store the same day I came back from a week long vacation..
Manager was a total douche.
w00t?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein