mercedesisbenz
Cissy Strut
1,292 IQ
I don't think I've ever seen a thread for Sco on here before, and seldom see his name mentioned, so I figured I'd make a thread.

Anyway, any other Scofield fans around? He's up there with Trey Anastasio for my favorite guitarist of all time, and I'm absolutely digging the hell out of his new album (This Meets That).

Here's his myspace if you haven't hear him. Shoe Dog is a particularly incredible tune.
http://www.myspace.com/officialjohnscofield
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
blues-guitarist
2,933 IQ
he's amazing, i saw him at the detroit jazz festival with madeski, martin and wood....he's one of my favorite jazz/fusion guitarists (followed by mclaughlin)
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
isuckhardcore
I WILL EAT YOUR HEART
127 IQ
I listened to a few of his songs, he's a helluva musician, I'm gonna go to the mall later and pick up a few CDs =).
ZoSo.Led.Zep.
Ramble On Rose
432 IQ
He's one of my top 5 influences (Top 5 being about 20 musicians :P). I saw him play with 'Phil and Friends' - It was amazing.
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
aetherspear
UG's producer/DJ
1,277 IQ
Quote by blues-guitarist
he's amazing, i saw him at the detroit jazz festival with madeski, martin and wood....he's one of my favorite jazz/fusion guitarists (followed by mclaughlin)

i was going to see them at the chicago jazz fest, but didn't. they'll be around again anyways.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
justin_fraser
AKA J-Frase
806 IQ
I havent heard much of his stuff but what I have heard is wicked good stuff. Most of the stuff ive seen is one youtube (he did 'i dont need no doctor' with john mayer, so good).
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Green_Sponge
32 IQ
I just recently started listening to him. I like how unique he is, especially his tone. He kinda throws away the whole round, traditional jazz tone and has his own which works really well. His stuff with MMW is amazing! I'm trying to find the Out Louder album around here, but I think I'll have to order it. My city's pretty much dead for jazz/fusion. Right now its a battle between him and McLaughlin for my favorite fusion geetarist. I find Scofield to be a bit easier to listen to; more accessible and easier on the ears.
matt92l
not a registered user....
177 IQ
very cool guy. i have 4 of his albums but my favourite is the one with Pat Metheny-I can see your house from here
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Molodov
Prog Metal Fanboy!
172 IQ
I saw him with MMW at the Berklee Performance center. Needless to say, he tore the fecking place down.
smoosh
VR2005
UG Addict
1,507 IQ
Get the Joe Henderson album "So Near, So Far" it has Sco's best work on it, in my opinion. I learned so much about comping from that one album it's amazing.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7