Hi, i am thinking of buying a boss me50 multi effects pedal but after reading some things i am wondering if i should now buy individual stop boxes instead. The main effect i use is delay but a noise supressor wold also be ideal. I hear the me50 does both of those things quite nicely?

i can't afford brand new individual pedals unless there are some fair priced excellent pedals i don't know about?

please advise. thanks
Upgrade your amp and you won't need pedals, aside from effects
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
if you only need those 2 things you could easily get them individually for 300 bucks
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ME50 is garbage.....

Noise Supressor-MXR smart gate or ISP decimator

Delay-Boss DD3, DD6, or giga delay, i think a lot people like the Line 6 delay pedal too, i don't have one but the boss ones are pretty popular.

EDIT:
Quote by edwardthegreat5

Dear God, help this child.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Last edited by V12prowler at Sep 21, 2007,
Well the ME-50 is a great unit. Heres my person opinion on multi effects: They do simple effects like chorus, phaser, tremolo, compressor, and reverb well. However, they tend to be lacking when it comes to advanced effects like flangers and delays. Noise suppressor and over drive tones can be hit or miss. Multi effects also tend to sacrifice effect quality for versatility, which basically means is the real deal will often sound a bit better and give you a bit more control. That said, the ME-50 is better then most. If you aren't going to use most of the effects a lot, its great. However for delay I would advise buying an individual pedal, as they almost always have more control and sound better then a multi effects unit. For everything else however, the ME-50 should work quite nicely.

ME50 is garbage.....

Why do you think this? Bad sound quality, not enough control?
I have the Boss ME-50 Pedal and i personally think it's a great pedal. Buying alot of individual pedals can end up getting quite costly.

However as that dude said one day you'll end up buying a beautiful amp and hardly need any effects.
Quote by edwardthegreat5

Upgrade my amp to what? i truly believe i own the best solid state practice amp for metal on the market. I haven't tried any tech 21 or randall amps though but pretty much all the other major contenders.

upgrading my amp isn't going to happen any time soon, i could go tube but then i will struggle to get decent metal tones at all volumes.
I think it is garbage because all the sounds on it are just ok, some are useless, and it ruins youre natural tone whether its on or off. I hate using more than 2 non true bypass pedals in my chain, and when i played thru one of these i couldn't believe what it did to my tone.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by V12prowler
I think it is garbage because all the sounds on it are just ok, some are useless, and it ruins youre natural tone whether its on or off. I hate using more than 2 non true bypass pedals in my chain, and when i played thru one of these i couldn't believe what it did to my tone.

No offense, but that sounds like a complaint about all multi effects in general, which hold true for most of them.
^Yes it is, i don't like multi effects processors and dont recomend them for anyone. They just don't do anything good for me.
Quote by R_H_C_P

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by CJRocker
No offense, but that sounds like a complaint about all multi effects in general, which hold true for most of them.

on a side note, what s the jb like in your jackson dk2t? i thought it might be a bit bright?

the dk2t is similar to my jackson in a way
Not to offend, but if you have to go with multieffects the best sounding ones I have played have been Zoom. I have not heard much good about the Boss but I haven't played it. Digitech is junk, and the only decent effects Line 6 makes are built into their Vetta's and higher. And if that isn't enough of a reason to flame me here's another: Some Danelectro pedals are just as good as more expensive pedals, but they tend to be 30-50% cheaper, notably the Daddy-O distortion, the Surf n Turf compressor and the Fab Flange. I would try some out, a few of these may set you back a little more than a cheap multi. If the multi breaks you throw it away. If one of these breaks you throw it away, but you only loose one effect instead of all of them. Analog stomp-boxes just sound better.
Quote by Sepulturick
Upgrade my amp to what? i truly believe i own the best solid state practice amp for metal on the market. I haven't tried any tech 21 or randall amps though but pretty much all the other major contenders.

upgrading my amp isn't going to happen any time soon, i could go tube but then i will struggle to get decent metal tones at all volumes.

Crap, didn't see your sig, sorry about that.

And yeah, the ME-50 is ****, it's way better than to get the two individual pedals if you only plan on getting those
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by Sepulturick
on a side note, what s the jb like in your jackson dk2t? i thought it might be a bit bright?

the dk2t is similar to my jackson in a way

Its bright and has a lot of presence, which I like. Its not the most bassy pickup out there though.
Quote by CJRocker
Its bright and has a lot of presence, which I like. Its not the most bassy pickup out there though.

well i may have invader on my sig but truth is its not getting fitted til monday/tuesday so can't comment yet. i am a bit apprehensive to be honest
i wouldn't recommend a multi-fx unit. I own a gt-8 and after about 6 months of using it every day, i'm selling it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great unit and i won't say anything bad about it, but it is true that you get better sound out of single pedals. Another plus with single pedals is, that you can more easilty adjust the specific settings and turn other effects off etc. I know that if one knows the multi-fx unit well enough, that's not a problem either, but it will always be easier with single pedals.
I now started with buying a metal muff (OT i know), and the distortion i can get out of this unit alone beats the gt-8. But i also have to add that i'm 90% i haven't used the gt-8 to it's full potential.

Seeing how u play metal and u only want the me50 for delay and noise supressor, i'd almost say that u waste a lot of money on something you don't need. Get single pedals for that use i'd say.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...