ive been playing for over 2 years and today i had the worst pain in my hand ever while playing... im really considering that my warm up routine is reaaaaally ****ty...

sooo... this is the part where you guys tell me your warm up routines...

(if any one says "icy hot " youre ****ed 'cause i actually tried it once... actually helped a little... and i rubbed on my HAND ... to clear that out)
keep up the icy hot therapy then
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Just try streaching your hand befor playing challenging songs. Or start off by playing an easy song, then a more challenging song to get the muscles warmed up.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
steve vai 10 hour workout...do the warm ups on there
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
do some hand warm-ups then play scales and whatnot very slowly and increase the speed a little bit every time. or take a break from playing for 2 days
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
hmm...you know the riff from hey joe by jimi hendrix?

the

A|---3-----------2-3-4-5----------4-5-6-7
E|------0-1-2-3-----------3-4-5-----------

^ is really good for the 1st 5 mins

then i do the 1234 decend and ascend thing

and then major scales, and minor scales, and then the 1st pentatonic position.

and then i start playing

usually i warm up for more than an hour, well in my guitar class, and when i get home its time to play!!!
thnks for the feedback.... ill try it all... but for now im gonna rest the hand... i really messed it up this time
play the modes....play the modes faster...play the modes FASTER....PLAY THEM EVEN FRIGGEN FASTER!...then idunno, maybe smoke something that makes yours hands go numb?
Funky c, Funky do
I try a mix of Vai's 10 Hour workout and Petrucci's off his instructional vid.

I don't warm up for long maybe....5-10 minutes but if you still feel cool, then do more.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt