I...am terrified of starting conversations with girls. I'm serious...i have no problems with girls except STARTING a conversation. That's it

How do you guys usually start one? especially if she's with other girls or another dude that's not her bf?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i dont get out enough to talk to chics. all my freinds just sit around all day and night and play video games etc..

but i find if you are comfortable about a chic its easy to start a convo with her. worst thing that can happen is she will tell you to **** off.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by evening_crow
I...am terrified of starting conversations with girls. I'm serious...i have no problems with girls except STARTING a conversation. That's it

How do you guys usually start one? especially if she's with other girls or another dude that's not her bf?

i know what it's like
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Don't charge over at first, if you see them jst wait a sec to see if they notice you, if so give them a little smile, if they smile back after a second or two go over. Just introduce yourself.
I have the same problem, usually if they have a good approachable personality I can talk but if they have that bitchy I'm so better than you could do, I just don't bother. Go with what you feel right here *points at sternum area* not right here *points at man-parts area*. Good luck senor smoothe.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
I feel the same way. I don't know how anyone can think it's easy. They all just say "oh, just go say hi to her" or something. Then what, Einstein? Stand there with a dumb grin on my face while she walks towards the nearest security guard?

Come to think of it, I don't know how to start conversations with ANYONE, unless it's flaringly obvious like they are wearing a shirt with the name of a band I like on it. That's easy, because I could just say "So I see your a fan of _____." I don't know how to approach other ones though, and since I have very mature tastes in music most girls would not wear a shirt with a band I like on it.
you ask a question like whats your name, or somethin like that just dont be nervous cause its not really a big deal
Quote by SkyValley
I feel the same way. I don't know how anyone can think it's easy. They all just say "oh, just go say hi to her" or something. Then what, Einstein? Stand there with a dumb grin on my face while she walks towards the nearest security guard?

Come to think of it, I don't know how to start conversations with ANYONE, unless it's flaringly obvious like they are wearing a shirt with the name of a band I like on it. That's easy, because I could just say "So I see your a fan of _____." I don't know how to approach other ones though, and since I have very mature tastes in music most girls would not wear a shirt with a band I like on it.

Yeah...

everyone just says, "just say hi and talk to her" but i don't find that to be very helpful. Even harder i think is to get to talk to them if they're not alone...sure, if she's by herself i think i can manage talking to them but not when they have company.

Depends how your personality is. I go and just say "Hey" cooly and wait for them. They usually find it awkward and laugh and say "hi" (thats a good thing).
I find the best way to start a conversation is to comment on your surroundings. For instance, if you were on a bus , comment on the heat of the bus(if its hot) if its crouded comment on that. Whatever you do don't use stupid pickup lines, be natural.
Quote by Stupified
Depends how your personality is. I go and just say "Hey" cooly and wait for them. They usually find it awkward and laugh and say "hi" (thats a good thing).

Yeah, i'm a cool guy but usually very shy.

Next time i'm at the campus waiting for a class to start or waiting for the bus to go home i should just go up and randomly say something like:

"normally i sit under the trees listening to music while i wait to go home but it gets pretty boring not talking to anyone." and then just smile and wait for a response...

just start talking to girls like you would to a guy. wait......not EXACTLY like you would to a guy. e.g "yo, last night i was beating it, and then the skin tore. it was so nasty, and there was blood everywhere! i cant beat that **** for at least a week now dude! it hurts so bad!" don't do that. that usually doesn't work on women....unless there into that bondage crap.
Quote by Twist of fate

Nothing more erotic than that

win. do this. follow this example. it CANNOT fail.
Don't be so shy?
I'm really shy, but I'll talk to a girl, especially when my friends are with me.
Just walk up and talk to her.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Quote by Twist of fate
Actually it can. If so, approach her 5 minutes later saying

even still it couldn't fail. look at that face....TRY and say no to that face.

EDIT: actually THATS the one that might have a small chance of failure. if shes the business type. it wouldnt fail for her....it would fail for you. she'd mate with you and then eat you.
Last edited by pimpslap1236 at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by Twist of fate

LMAO!!!

Quote by xFeatherx
Don't be so shy?

That's like telling a midget to not be so short.
All you really got to do is just pretend basically. Just tell yourself it's not a big deal and it won't be a big deal. Simple
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
dude, i used to kinda be the same way, until I screwed a girl, and then its just not hard to do anymore.

so i guess my advice is **** a chick, and you'll be mr smooth
Quote by Megalomaniac16
dude, i used to kinda be the same way, until I screwed a girl, and then its just not hard to do anymore.

so i guess my advice is **** a chick, and you'll be mr smooth

You're right. All we need to do in order to get laid is to get laid first :roll:.
Quote by SkyValley
You're right. All we need to do in order to get laid is to get laid first :roll:.

someone sounds a little cranky, maybe you should get laid yourself
Quote by Megalomaniac16
someone sounds a little cranky, maybe you should get laid yourself

ay ay ay ay aaay...

this reminds me of the adultering penguin.

it's really quite simple im starting to get the hang of it. you just need to remember that confidence is the key............to her panties
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by SkyValley
That's like telling a midget to not be so short.

You can get over shyness.
Have a few friends go with you when you talk to her.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Quote by iceman95
it's really quite simple im starting to get the hang of it. you just need to remember that confidence is the key............to her panties

^ This guys right, confidence is the key to... well her panties as he said.

I used to be crap at it but then one night I said to myself: "**** it, I'm gonna go and say hi to loads of girls."

From just that one night I got phone numbers, dances, kisses and dates. No sex though, but I still had to perfect the finer points of flirting Once you've said hi, introduce yourself ask her what her name is, ask her about the place you're in or comment on it. If its a bar or club comment on the music or ask her if shes enjoying it. Thats all it is, small talk. Everything else falls into place after that.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Thanks guys...good info, even the Scrubs thing lol.

I'll probably try this tomorrow when i'm waiting for my classes to start (i have classes mon-sat at college).

Oh, TS. Another great quote of mine when you have nothing to say:
"So, how's life?"
Works every time. Except that one time it didn't.
I actually have the exact same problem. I can't really start a convo most of the time, but I do everything else really well. The weird part is that not only me, but a lot of people think I'm a ladies man.

I'd recommend observing the 3 second rule, which says that you absolutely must start conversation with a girl after eye contact in 3 seconds or less. Doesn't matter what it's about, just do it.

Another thing you can do is go to your nearest mall, and talk to any and all female workers who you might consider girls you might like, or even someone else would. Not with the purpose of picking the up, just to start conversation.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Stupified
Oh, TS. Another great quote of mine when you have nothing to say:
"So, how's life?"
Works every time. Except that one time it didn't.

Ehmm...i'll just use this one instead:

"No, i will not have sex with u right now..."

*small pause*

"...OK, now i'm ready."

Not that i'll actually say that...but still.

I don't have friends to take with me, and confidence isn't worth jack **** unless you know what to say in order to get her to like you. Trust me, I've got plenty of things to be confident about. I just really suck at holding conversations since I have a tough time making small talk. If I could meet a girl and on the same day have a really deep philosophical conversation with her, things would be perfect. I just hate all this "oh, lets talk about school or the weather or stuff like that" garbage. That gets really old really fast. My brain is always ten miles ahead of that nonsense, so unless she's talking about music or something else I really love, I doubt the conversation will go well.
^ You can't go through life completely ignoring small talk, its used to break the ice everywhere in parties, shops, work, school, you name it.

But anyway chances are eventually you'll meet someone who feels the same way about it as you do.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112