View poll results: Do you ?
Yeah
20 57%
No
10 29%
Yeah but always failed
5 14%
Voters: 35.
So anyway i just want to know if you have ever gotten this....

Have you ever tried to get the respect of another guitarist like if there more advanced than you,have you ever tried to wow them of make them respect you as a guitarist or bassist?

This doesn't includes people that don't play guitar this includes people who are better guitarists than you.
Last edited by Dyingpuppy at Sep 21, 2007,
Since I also study classical guitar I can usually impress modern guitarists by incorporating a little fingerpicking into the electric guitar, like Robert Fripp.
Meh, kinda?

I don't just go out and try to wow them and try to show off, I just play what I usually play, and if they're impressed, so be it.

I don't go out of my way to seek attention/respect. You don't search/find respect, you should always have someone's respect, even if you don't know them.

The only way you shouldn't respect someone is if they give you a reason to disrespect them.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
sometimes. but never if there a metal guitarist. only if they are jazz or blues. the way i try to impress them is first play something really heavy, and then switch over to something more bluesy. if I were them id me more impressed by versatility than high speed fretboard acrobatics, so thats what i do.
Quote by fallenangel20
Meh, kinda?

I don't just go out and try to wow them and try to show off, I just play what I usually play, and if they're impressed, so be it.

I don't go out of my way to seek attention/respect. You don't search/find respect, you should always have someone's respect, even if you don't know them.

The only way you shouldn't respect someone is if they give you a reason to disrespect them.

Yeah Thanks for the lesson ( Which wasn't need ) ,Now GTFO
I respect all guitarists no matter skill or preference because we are all musicians and music is awesome.
Quote by Dyingpuppy
Yeah Thanks for the lesson ( Which wasn't need ) ,Now GTFO

Lesson?

I was just stating my opinion on the matter. You know, what threads are made for? Discussion? Opinions?

Lighten up.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i used to play with this one guitarist when i suck and he hasnt seen me play in a year and he still thinks i suck when i dont. if i comment saying i learned such and such riff he'll act like im bull****ting
Quote by fallenangel20
Lesson?

I was just stating my opinion on the matter. You know, what threads are made for? Discussion? Opinions?

Lighten up.

OUT!