I dont do solos...
2 4%
I dont have a style...
2 4%
Soft and slow
4 8%
Voters: 49.
Which are you?

If you dont like this thread just leave.
Last edited by Dyingpuppy at Sep 21, 2007,
anything goes!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Quote by Lord-Hypnos
That is quite possibly the worst poll I have ever seen

+1
Well, I don't solo much.

Mainly because I'm not interested in them at the moment, and haven't been for quite some time.

Ever since I got into post rock/post metal, I've been working on rhythms, ambient techniques and styles, and working on more complex cleans, with unusual chords, throwing some hammer ons/pull offs in the chords, etc.

I HAVE been working on my tapping, but not in the EVH/shredder style. It's been more in the style of Minus the Bear, aka "The Kickass Way".
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Fast and voracious, but not in a shred way. A lead that's more rhythmic than lead. Not sure if that made sense to some

By the way, the poll options seem more suited toward "How do you like to f**k?". Soft and slow? Anything f**king goes? Come on
Last edited by thewho65 at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by fallenangel20
Well, I don't solo much.

Mainly because I'm not interested in them at the moment, and haven't been for quite some time.

Ever since I got into post rock/post metal, I've been working on rhythms, ambient techniques and styles, and working on more complex cleans, with unusual chords, throwing some hammer ons/pull offs in the chords, etc.

I HAVE been working on my tapping, but not in the EVH/shredder style. It's been more in the style of Minus the Bear, aka "The Kickass Way".
Great, now I have to make a serious post.

I love putting solos in my songs. I've never considered "style" to be an issue. Whatever fits the song. I mean, the three guitar-oriented songs in my profile all have solos, but the solo is always used to complement the rest of the song, rather than vice-versa (well, maybe not Despertar del Alma, but that's different...).
Quote by yawn
Great, now I have to make a serious post.

I love putting solos in my songs. I've never considered "style" to be an issue. Whatever fits the song. I mean, the three guitar-oriented songs in my profile all have solos, but the solo is always used to complement the rest of the song, rather than vice-versa (well, maybe not Despertar del Alma, but that's different...).

Dammit, I'm sorry for ruining your moment, dude.

I'll let you post first in the next thread based on music/style.

Quote by yawn
Da blues?

No way, it's polka-jazz-synthpop-reggae.

Come on, man, get with it.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Er. I like best heavily overdrived, slow, harmonic minor or double harmonic solos. Nile style (lol rhyme!) But of course, it depends on the music and on the context. I play lots of kinds of music.
I'm a communist. Really.
Anything goes. No limits.
Quote by Wolven
So we decided since all we did was play Mortal Kombat and watched Power Rangers, we could defend ourselves, so we went and grabbed a bunch of crap to bombard the thing with.
Heavy Blues

But now I'm getting better in theory I add much more modal, jazzy licks to my soloing, especially when writen in advance (obviously)