1)what pickups should i get?, i got single coils on my starcaster (like a squier strat) and i want to be able to play soft and hard music.

2)is the line6 spider III 75 watt amp a good buy, if so, what amp should i get next? i only have a 15 watt practice amp right now

3)next guitar to buy? (only been playing 4 months, got the basics down, want a better quality guitar with better tone like a les paul)

would be great of you gave good feedback/responses
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
What's your budget for an amp? That should be your main focus IMO. The Spider is a pretty bland and digital sounding amp.
epiphone sg 400... good guitar and **** lol... for the other stuff i got a spider and i love it.
i got about 400 bucks for amp budget and ill pay up to 600 for a new guitar
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

Quote by icpgettozone
epiphone sg 400... good guitar and **** lol... for the other stuff i got a spider and i love it.

Hmmm. I have an Epi G - 400 custom with a full black pick guard, its almost two years old and everything is falling apart... Maybe it was just the one I got.

As for the OP, I'd say a half stack Epiphone valve junior half stack. Easy to use and really nice sounding. Maybe a standard Les Paul by Epiphone. Their good guitars for the money. Do you play a variety of music? If so a Valvetronix modeling amp might be a nice and affordable place to start
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Well generally I would recommend a tube amp combo (better tone) for this situation, but if your still just a beginner maybe you get yourself something like the Vox Valvetronix. Kind of a tough call. When you say "hard" music, how hard are we talking, like name a band...

and +1 to the Epi suggestions. Great solid guitars for the money, the new LP's are now solid mahogany.
o when i meant hard i didnt mean like death metal just in general like AC/DC, songs with distortion
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

is the vox AD50VT 50 watt 1x12 the way to go from here?, and should i get the les paul or the vox first?
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

Quote by ineedrock1204
i got about 400 bucks for amp budget and ill pay up to 600 for a new guitar

try reversing those figures and get a smaller all tube combo instead of the line6
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.