Weird, title, I know. So I have a problem with my pinky automatically anchoring onto the high E string when I'm not playing around there. I know its slowing me down, but every other way I try is almost unbearable. It also makes me look stupid

Anyone have any technique they would like to share regarding proper finger management with your picking hand? Or maybe ways to feel more comfortable? Thanks guys
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Curl your pinky in under your other fingers?
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by TSelman
Curl your pinky in under your other fingers?

Just tried it. Feels alright. But it also feels like I based my whole picking technique based on anchoring... Oh well, its not great anyway. Time to find a way that works and go at it with my stylus pick up for a month.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Go to youtube and search for how I hold a guitar pick. It's some guy that demos a Vox AD50VT with a squier. If you find him he has a video on how he holds a pick and he shows his hand at a bunch of different angles. It's quite nice because not only should you be comfortable picking with your fingers anchored (I think Herman Li does this when he's sweeping, not 100% sure), but you should know how to hold the pick with your fingers/pick in many different positions. It helps with different styles of playing, or even similar styles. It's nice to be able to choose which technique and form you have.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

just rest you hand on the bridge, like when your palm muting, but further back, so it doesnt mute the strings any.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.