MMkay...my friends birthday is tomorrow...I plan on getting him a CD...he likes MCR, but has all of their stuff...do you know any bands like them that I could get him a CD of
How about the sound of a violent anal prolapse?

Just kidding, maybe Hawthorne Heights? Aiden? I have absolutely no clue when it comes to that type of music.
Children of Bodom dude, get him into other stuff. He'll thank you later.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
this thread is making me sad...

they're not similar at all but get him Muse- Abslution

it's good stuff and it was pretty popular and accesible
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Punch in the face?

Joking. If your Going to get him CoB, get "Hatebreeder"

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Get him King Crimson's first CD. NOONE dislikes that CD. It's an incredibly album full of sad and beautiful songs as well as uplifting ballads and progressive musicianship. You can get it at the mall, it's called In The Court of the Crimson King. Even if he likes bad bands like MCR this is one band which anyone can appreciate.

http://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson-King-30th-Anniversary/dp/B000003S09

Album arts weird, I know, but it's a really phenomenal album and he will thank you for it undoubtedly. Listen to the samples and see what I mean.
Quote by SkyValley
Get him King Crimson's first CD. NOONE dislikes that CD. It's an incredibly album full of sad and beautiful songs as well as uplifting ballads and progressive musicianship. You can get it at the mall, it's called In The Court of the Crimson King. Even if he likes bad bands like MCR this is one band which anyone can appreciate.

http://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson-King-30th-Anniversary/dp/B000003S09

Album arts weird, I know, but it's a really phenomenal album and he will thank you for it undoubtedly. Listen to the samples and see what I mean.
i've been meaning to check them out 'cause they were one of Tool's biggest influences and Tool is fantastic...i think i'll do that now actually
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I might check it out too, sounds good from your description SkyValley. I've been after new music. I'll keep an eye out for it when next in town. Hideous front cover though.
I am ghost? I haven't a clue. Just get him some Rush. Lots of Rush. Trust me, he'll thank you for all the audio orgasms he will endure.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
The new BTBAM cd...
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by RageAgainst...
i've been meaning to check them out 'cause they were one of Tool's biggest influences and Tool is fantastic...i think i'll do that now actually

They were practically everyone's biggest influence. Dream Theater, Mastodon, Rush, Mars Volta, and even Pink Floyd. Pretty much any other band with the label of "progressive" has been seriously touched by this group.

"Red" is probably their best album to start with aside from "In The Court..." Their later stuff is very electronic-sounding and their newest frontman is very eccentric, so it's best to start with the early stuff and move up chronologically. There's a King Crimson thread somewhere on this site, I'd recommend checking it out.
Quote by SkyValley
They were practically everyone's biggest influence. Dream Theater, Mastodon, Rush, Mars Volta, and even Pink Floyd. Pretty much any other band with the label of "progressive" has been seriously touched by this group.

"Red" is probably their best album to start with aside from "In The Court..." Their later stuff is very electronic-sounding and their newest frontman is very eccentric, so it's best to start with the early stuff and move up chronologically. There's a King Crimson thread somewhere on this site, I'd recommend checking it out.

Well if they inspired Rush and Dream Theatre than I must get it. Those are two of my favorite bands. And so is Tool.