I'm looking to paint my two older guitars. I was wondering, where should I buy my paint, and what kind? Thanks
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
hey man
all you need are some paint
from like home depot or some thing
like i said all you need are a can or cans if your doing like a franken strat
of any quality spray paint: Rustoleum, Krylon
and 2 cans of clear coat
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
B.C. Rich warlock w/ zakk wylde bullseye
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC
3-4 cans is better, 3 cans minimum for clear coats, if you spray with a rattle can, the coat shrinks a significant amount, 2 cans barely cuts the line of being enough to sand and polish without sanding through, or ripping up paint.
Quote by hushie_619
I'm looking to paint my two older guitars. I was wondering, where should I buy my paint, and what kind? Thanks

I see by your location that you are probably near a Crappy Tire store. The small spray cans they sell in their automotive section for colour matching small car repairs are lacquer. Hundreds of colours are available. This particular lacquer can be easily sanded wet (600 grit at least, followed by 1000-1500) after it is fully cured and then you can use rubbing compound then polishing compound, also available from CT in the car wax section, on it by hand. A drill-powered buffer will give a better result on the polishing compound. You will find lacquer is easier to work with at every stage and gives a very satisfactory final result.
4-16 coats of clear
12-14 for vintage feel
definitly
go above 11
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi

Schecter Damien-6
B.C. Rich warlock w/ zakk wylde bullseye
Digi-tech Synth Wah
Ibanez WD-& Wah Pedal
Fender G-DEC
Holy ****, I forgot about this after I made the thread, lol, my bad...

Ok, so is there a specific brand of paint that I should get? and do I want cans or liquid, cuz I have a spray gun, if I need liquid, that would work perfectly for it. Also, are there certain primers and/or finish coats that I need? I have absolutely no idea on what I should be putting on my guitars.
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
well
if your useing a spray gun
you can go down to a local
automotive or paint store and
ask for well
i prefer enamel
but they might refer you to something else
and then ask for a gallon or half gallon of clear coat

Gallon:$28
and that'll last you a long time
Itunes podcast!
search DJ Shi