im thinking of getting the roland microcube is that a good choice. i only have 125 dollars to spend. is that the best thing i can get for the price. and dont say to save up for a nicer one. so is that the best one i can get for the money.if not any suggestions?
yeah pretty much although you could get a used amp cheaper of better quality you just gotta search for it.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Yep i'd just get teh microcube or the vox da5, dependign on wheter ur looking for hi-gain or versatility.
My friend has a microcube, and I have to say it's pretty versatile and loud for such a small amp, and for such a low price. Also, it has a pretty good high-gain setting.
Quote by Colgate Total
Epiphone Valve Junior.

they're awesome but the combo would be $150 and the head+cab is at least $200...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ya when i first started looking i thought the line 6 spider would be awesome. then i played it at guitar center at my god is it fuzzy,it barely has a clean channel,and they throw in a bunch of crappy effects.then my friend actually didnt even care and he bought it. he has no taste in sound at all and hes incredible cheap, he bought a 109 dollar douglas guitar just cause he didnt want to save up.and the thing that makes it more sad is that his mom was going to pay half of the guitar so he only payed 50.if i were him i would have gotten a nice 1000 dollar guitar.

Also are there any used amps that i should check out for that price?
Quote by bWsWwrestler
ya when i first started looking i thought the line 6 spider would be awesome. then i played it at guitar center at my god is it fuzzy,it barely has a clean channel,and they throw in a bunch of crappy effects.then my friend actually didnt even care and he bought it. he has no taste in sound at all and hes incredible cheap, he bought a 109 dollar douglas guitar just cause he didnt want to save up.and the thing that makes it more sad is that his mom was going to pay half of the guitar so he only payed 50.if i were him i would have gotten a nice 1000 dollar guitar.

Also are there any used amps that i should check out for that price?

You sir, know your stuff
you could check out a used Vox, in the valvetronix series.
k ill do that. Also do you know any cheap processors or pedals. or anything like the digitech proccesor pedal

thanx
Digitech sucks. Cheap sound, bad construction. I really don't care much for the Valvetronix, mainly because they talk "tube, tube" and even though they may have one they don't sound any better, and in many cases worse than other solid state amps. I would look for a used Peavey solid state. They sound pretty good and they are louder than most ss amps of comparable wattage, and they are rugged and long-lasting. The MicroCube is also pretty darn good for a practice amp. It may be very hard to find a used tube combo at that price range but I would still try. You might get lucky.
PS I have played all the amps I speak of with a very critical ear.
i know thats why i said something like that digitech. i know that its not good but is there something like that, that supplies all those effects and stuff.
It isn't very popular on UG but I swear the best sounding multi-effects unit I have heard (in the budget price range) was a Zoom. If you got the MicroCube you wouldn't want to use it or even need it. Digital effects through a modeling amp tend to sound bad (my opinion.) If you are just starting out a multi pedal would be alright, but after you have been playing a while and are ready to upgrade I would advise giving some serious thought to a tube combo and some analog stomp boxes. That's how you will get your best sound and it is not expensive as you think. That's just down the road advise. Good luck.