I really like the sound of many of the artist who use drop C tuning. However I end up with strings far too loose, buzzing, etc.

Search the web...lots on how to tune drop C (easy) but not on what would be a good guitar setup for it.

Any suggestions on...
- String gauges (lighter or heavier) or types
- Action (should I make it higher)
- Other suggestions???

Thanks in advance.
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7
You might want to raise your action a little.

You'll also want to adjust your intonation.

11s should do it for drop C.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
heavy gauge strings and raise the bridge a bit to not hear fret buzz. Then you need to set the intonation again and maybe a truss rod adjustment.
Thanks for the suggestions. Go heavy, raise the action (expected as much), and adjust the bridge saddles.

Sounds like a great excuse to get another guitar...you know...just for this setup.
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7
11's for drop C definately would be good, 12's is very unnecessary imo for c. and a .70 on ur low e is stupid. I didn't think it was seventy, i thought it was in the .60's
Quote by webcommando
Thanks for the suggestions. Go heavy, raise the action (expected as much), and adjust the bridge saddles.

Sounds like a great excuse to get another guitar...you know...just for this setup.

Before you raise ur action, try a thicker gauge first, the action might just raise itself a bit up because of the thicker gauge. Then If you still have a bad buzz, just adjust it from there.