this is vanessa carlton's "a thousands miles" covered by an aussie band from wollongong, who are awesome called NST, or never see tomorrow.
check it on my myspace and tell me what you think.
never see tomorrow isn't on myspace.
good call.

EDIT:// just kidding. chill. i put NST instead and it worked.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
ugh... i kind of like the vanessa carlton version better... sorry man.
Needlenick wrote:

Quote by scarfacesuit
ugh... i kind of like the vanessa carlton version better... sorry man.

you musn't be into metal.
Eh, I still think Kyuss doing Into the Void is the best in terms of quality, accuracy, and respect to the original. They took a Black Sabbath song and brought it to the next level, with virtually no loss in value. How many among us can do that?
Quote by SkyValley
Eh, I still think Kyuss doing Into the Void is the best in terms of quality, accuracy, and respect to the original. They took a Black Sabbath song and brought it to the next level, with virtually no loss in value. How many among us can do that?

very few.
the dixie chicks version of landslide and joe cockers version of a little help from my friends that he did at woodstock is so awesome.
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
I'd have to say the Red Hot Chili Peppers version of Love Rollercoaster by the Ohio Players.

The original would put you to sleep, and the cover you seriously can't get out of your head.

And to the person who said Landslide - Dixie Chicks, +1.
um. Such Great Heights, anyone? Iron & Wine?

Or that guy who does Hey Ya
"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough youll end up where you were."
- Isaac Brock

Real Men Dig Feminists

... and love pink!
Quote by fretsonfire74
you musn't be into metal.

well, it's not that, it's just that it sounds weird to hear "if i could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass us by" in those deep growling tones. they sound like a great band, but i'd recommend a different cover.
Needlenick wrote:

i think it would be kind of cool to hear a metal band covering "the devil went down to georgia" and rather than a fiddle solo there would be a massively epic guitar battle.
Needlenick wrote:

this song is definetly not the greatest cover ever.
The best would have to be either the Allman Brothers with You Don't Love Me or the Derek and the Dominoes version of Little Wing.
I really like Killswitch Engage's cover of Holy Diver, I think they did that pretty well. Lots of energy without massacring the original song.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's