This is the last season for Barry Bonds as a San Franciscan Giant.

/discuss
i just read that too, i'm a yankees fan...so i don't care that much. but it also said he might be a DH for an AL team. i wonder who...
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
Does his contract have steriods in it too?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
He is (or was) a great baseball player. I've been a SF Giants fan for almost all my life, I find it sad, but yet the Giants need younger players. They've had a horrible season... Hopefully with new, younger players the Giants will be better next season.

This is not a thread for a discussion of steroids. Barry Bonds never tested positive for steroids.
hmm...i think this has a lot to do with the rotational speed of Saturn and the distribution of southern flightless birds.
Quote by paulvxD
He is (or was) a great baseball player. I've been a SF Giants fan for almost all my life, I find it sad, but yet the Giants need younger players. They've had a horrible season... Hopefully with new, younger players the Giants will be better next season.

This is not a thread for a discussion of steroids. Barry Bonds never tested positive for steroids.

I know he was great,i actually don't really care that he uses steriods,if it excites up the game why the hell not?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

thank god. hopefully it'll be his last in the league. ithe main reason i hate him isnt the roids controversy like with most people. i cant stand they way he treats the fans, the reports and pretty much anyone. he just a plain ***hole and doesnt deserve to be paid the money he gets
Quote by rage24684
thank god. hopefully it'll be his last in the league. ithe main reason i hate him isnt the roids controversy like with most people. i cant stand they way he treats the fans, the reports and pretty much anyone. he just a plain ***hole and doesnt deserve to be paid the money he gets

?

What does this have to do with him as a BASEBALL player. So you're saying because you think he is an asshole he should retire? Disregarding his baseball performance?
the thing about barry bonds is that eventually someone will pass him (a-rod, perhaps) but until then, there is an uncertainty about the record, and there always will be. but whatever... i personally don't think he's a great player anymore, looking at his numbers so far this year...but i don't know.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
Quote by Infatuation
Not interested in Bonds.

If you have no interest in Barry Bonds why did you click this thread?
Quote by paulvxD
If you have no interest in Barry Bonds why did you click this thread?

because he is intreseted in contracts, He deals with no bullshitters,he kills bullshitters
Quote by BrianApocalypse

He'd be a perfect fit for the Los Angelas Angels (of Anaheim). They need a big bat, so signing him and putting him in the DH spot makes perfect sense for them. They have always been unable to get the big hitters though, so I don't know if it will happen for them.

Quote by mr moustache
the thing about barry bonds is that eventually someone will pass him (a-rod, perhaps) but until then, there is an uncertainty about the record, and there always will be. but whatever... i personally don't think he's a great player anymore, looking at his numbers so far this year...but i don't know.

I agree that he isn't exactly the great player he once was, but the fact that he is putting up the numbers he put up this year at the age of 43 is still pretty phenomonal.

Hank Aaron didn't even put up the numbers Bonds is putting up in his 40s.
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
He'd be a perfect fit for the Los Angelas Angels (of Anaheim). They need a big bat, so signing him and putting him in the DH spot makes perfect sense for them. They have always been unable to get the big hitters though, so I don't know if it will happen for them.

I agree that he isn't exactly the great player he once was, but the fact that he is putting up the numbers he put up this year at the age of 43 is still pretty phenomonal.

LOL...........Dude.........the Angels have freakin Valdimir Guerrero............why in the heck would they want Barry Bonds?
Quote by SG5533
LOL...........Dude.........the Angels have freakin Valdimir Guerrero............why in the heck would they want Barry Bonds?

Please, name one other big hitter they have on that team. Just name one, I beg you.

The only "dangerous" hitter they have is Vlad, and you can stay away from him (for the most part) by walking him. If you have Bonds to hit behind him, that just means either:

1. More pitches for Vlad
2. More RBI situations for Bonds

It's a good thing either way.
Quote by paulvxD
?

What does this have to do with him as a BASEBALL player. So you're saying because you think he is an asshole he should retire? Disregarding his baseball performance?

im sayin no one should pick him up. plus its obvious he used roids too. his hat size grew 3 sizes in 2 seasons in his late twenties. that only happens naturally once.. during puberty. the only other way way that happens is when someone takes hgh so he had to have used roids. but thats just my opinion
Quote by SG5533

are you saying that you would not want vlad guerrero as a number 3 or 4 hitter and have barry bonds following him?

bull ****
Quote by rage24684
im sayin no one should pick him up. plus its obvious he used roids too. his hat size grew 3 sizes in 2 seasons in his late twenties. that only happens naturally once.. during puberty. the only other way way that happens is when someone takes hgh so he had to have used roids. but thats just my opinion

Do you not understand that he never tested positive for steroids? Obvious? He's had the same hat size throughout all his career. Go google or wikipedia it.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

Vlad isn't a big hitter?
If anything, they need better pitching.

And Aaron put up better numbers when he was younger than Bonds did when he was younger.
Member #11 of the "I Survived UG PWNED Day" Club

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

I am the Wrath Of God. The Earth I walk will see me and tremble.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
Please, name one other big hitter they have on that team. Just name one, I beg you.

The only "dangerous" hitter they have is Vlad, and you can stay away from him (for the most part) by walking him. If you have Bonds to hit behind him, that just means either:

1. More pitches for Vlad
2. More RBI situations for Bonds

It's a good thing either way.

First of all.......seeing as Vladdy is a dreadful RF i think he should be permenant DH.......and second of all........Garret Anderson.........
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

Well Hank Aaron didn't u... nevermind, I'll keep this an arguement free thread.
Quote by rage24684

How long ago was that? His late twenties must have been about 14 years ago. So you don't want a team to sign him because of something he did 14 years ago?

The fact that he took steroids means absolutely nothing right now. Except when it comes to the record, but even I think it is stupid to talk about it with the record.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
How long ago was that? His late twenties must have been about 14 years ago. So you don't want a team to sign him because of something he did 14 years ago?

The fact that he took steroids means absolutely nothing right now. Except when it comes to the record, but even I think it is stupid to talk about it with the record.

Him taking steroids isn't a fact. He NEVER tested positive.

Hey even if he did and he somehow got around it, all those pitchers that are throwing 100 mph are taking steroids anyway.
he should stay in SF because everyone everywhere else hates him
Quote by fenderdude06
are you saying that you would not want vlad guerrero as a number 3 or 4 hitter and have barry bonds following him?

Im not saying they dont need another big hitter, im just saying that with Vladdy DHing there wouldnt be a place for Bonds
Quote by SG1961
he should stay in SF because everyone everywhere else hates him

Hate him when he's on the Giants. If he broke and set all these records on their team, they'd be loving him.
He'll end up with the Jays. Only because they're the only Baseball team I know, aside from the Seattle Mariners.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by paulvxD
Him taking steroids isn't a fact. He NEVER tested positive.

Hey even if he did and he somehow got around it, all those pitchers that are throwing 100 mph are taking steroids anyway.

I actually didn't mean it like that.

A better statement would have been "The fact that you think he took steroids." I said it wrong.

Anyways, Garret Anderson isn't a dangerous hitter. He is a good hitter, but not a dangerous one. Just imagine having Orlando Cabrera, Garret Anderson, Vladimir Guerrero, and Barry Bonds in the same lineup. That would be a tremendous lineup.

And any team would take an upgrade at batting over an upgrade at fielding any day of the week.
when i was younger i used to love Barry Bonds. back when he played for the Pirates.

i dont like him now.
He's an ASSHOLE. He insulted the man that bid $700,000 on his ball of lace, calling him an idiot.
Quote by paulvxD

i started a huge debate on this awhile back.

Hes even admitted to using anablic steroirds. i dont care if he knew about it or not, he still took roids.

And he surpassed a person who faced even moe scrutiny than him and it was for something that he couldnt control. (hank aaron for those of you who're wondering)