For my acoustic (obviously). I want a tuner where you can select which tunings you want E.g. Open D etc. I dont know if these exist or maybe something along these lines..

Help me.

Matt
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom
Peavey ValveKing 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2

I live in your eyes.
I'd recommend the Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner (not to be confused with the GA-30 guitar tuner) It is cheap, unobstrusive and easy to use. Most convenient feature is that you don't have to select which notes you want it to probe. It recognizes every note on any instrument right away. Ideal if you want to do weird tunings.
I use the Quik Tune. $20 at most music stores. I have two and both work great. For alternate/open tunings get the chromatic. the one that sees A through G, not just the guitar notes. It also picks up and identifies what note you're playing, for "hands free" use, and has a mic for acoustic guitar. The LED is great onstage when you can't see well. I've seen and used a couple of others, I think the Korg listed above too, Korg makes some good tuners.

I don't think you're going to find one specifically for open tunings, just use the chromatic and know what notes you want.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Marcel Veltman
I'd recommend the Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner (not to be confused with the GA-30 guitar tuner) It is cheap, unobstrusive and easy to use. Most convenient feature is that you don't have to select which notes you want it to probe. It recognizes every note on any instrument right away. Ideal if you want to do weird tunings.

Yeah, get the CA-30. The GA 30 is sh ithouse, it only tunes to the standard notes of the guitar EADGBe, if you want different tunings your in for a fight. The CA30 on the other hand tunes to every note, sharps flats everything. Theyre dead cheap, simple to use etc etc.. can't go wrong.

Tyhe only tuners that I have seen that have presets for different tunings are extremely expensive (like 5 times more expensive than the Korg CA30) and only have presets for a couple of different tunings. The only way to really tune to alternative tunings is to know/write down the different tunings, and then just tune using somehting like the Korg CA30.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-CA30-Chromatic-Tuner?sku=210527
what? my GA-30 tunes to what tunes i want!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Oh sure enough. They're just as good. It's only that the user interface of the CA is a little more straightforward when other notes than those of regular tuned open guitar strings must be probed.
Quote by Ferrarone
what? my GA-30 tunes to what tunes i want!

Yeah, I've got one too and it works perfectly fine for tuning to standard and the flat button makes it easy enough to tune to drop D. But for someone who doesnt know that much about semi tones and tones then it can be confusing. Better off having a CA-30 which, say if your currently on E and you want to tune down to B, it will show everything (D# D C# C B) as you go thorugh it, rather than the GA-30 which wouldn't show any of the sharps and wouldnt show the C because C isn't a note used in standard tuning. I think its supposed to make it easier because it will also tell you the string number that you should be tuning, and only gives you the option of tuning to standard, but its not that much easier, and it lacks versitility