Random question. I was just re-listening to RATM's self-titled album and I realized how great it is. But my question is, why doesn't it have a parental advisory sticker on it? I've heard a ton of CD's with a lot fewer f-words and such that have gotten a sticker (for example, Red Hot Chili Peppers' Californication, though the one I have doesn't have a sticker, I've seen some at the store that do). I'm not one of those whiny fourteen year olds that think that people should take out all the swearing in their music, I'm just asking a simple question.
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
I thinks it's cause the CD is from the days when they didn't really have that sticker. (The 90's right? sry I dont know my RATM). Cuz like Dookie for example doesn't have one either.
Because faux newz says they're terrorists.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
faux newz

Nice.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Captain Insano
I thinks it's cause the CD is from the days when they didn't really have that sticker. (The 90's right? sry I dont know my RATM). Cuz like Dookie for example doesn't have one either.

I think you could be right.
Oh wait, I mis-read why doesn't it have a sticker as why does it have a sticker, maaaaaaaaainly because my copy of that cd DOES infact have a warning sticker on it... so yeah.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
Because faux newz says they're terrorists.

Lawl. This post is cleverer than you'd think on first inspection.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
RATM were pre-Parental Advisory stickers.
Read up on their Wikipedia site, It shows how they protested it when it first came in too.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Prince was the first person to get the sticker

cos he is addicted to writing songs about secks
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Captain Insano

blood sugar predates it n it has 1
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Maybe you took the sticker off and forgot about it?

And as for Zapatista, my copy of BSSM didn't have a sticker on, if I remember correctly... Nice name by the way.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I checked Wikipedia. It said that it's the label's choice to either put a sticker on an album or not. And it gave examples of other albums that either had a lot of "explicit content" that didn't get a sticker or didn't have almost any and got it
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
Quote by Garlik
I checked Wikipedia. It said that it's the label's choice to either put a sticker on an album or not. And it gave examples of other albums that either had a lot of "explicit content" that didn't get a sticker or didn't have almost any and got it

+1. Wikipedia is our friend if it gives proof.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)