i see chavs mentioned a lot here. what the hell is a chav?
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

The picture alone should make you understand.
Baseball cap, tracksuits and "bling"...
They are often self-centered and judgemental.
Stereotypical? maybe, but hell, they are walking stereotypes.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Last edited by Grönis at Sep 22, 2007,
yeah thats what i want to no what the **** is a chav??
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
its mainly a british thing i think. but its a young person (occasioinally you get chav grandads, but because they are chavs they're still like 35 years old) who wears track suits and stuff. and goes around judging everyone who isnt a fellow chav.

also, google is your friend. use it.
but its a young person (occasioinally you get chav grandads, but because they are chavs they're still like 35 years old) who wears track suits and stuff. and goes around judging everyone who isnt a fellow chav.

And being judged by non-"chavs"....
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..

I belive in the US they call them jocks/wiggers? or somin
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

ok i get it. thats why everyone hates them. lol.
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
Chavs generally = c***s. They are people who thrive off White Lightning and causing misery and sodomy to all in there paths. Travel in groups of about 70.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Council
Housed
And
Violent

supposedly what it stands for, but it doesn't quite conjure up the correct image of one.

In Scotland, we call them Neds. Same thing.

I have to say though, apart from there violent code of conduct and lack of intelligence, some of them can be really cool guys.
Last edited by J.A.M at Sep 22, 2007,
In Australia we call them lads.
There! Murder! Death! Duck! Dead! Death f**king dead! There, the duck is dead!
nah, here in england. We have these thugs, who listen to rap/rNb. The adults and the punk rock kids/goths whatever, call them "chavs". They where like cheap nike clothes etc.
They spit, smoke, vanadise, abuse ppl etc. There is also a word for someone who listens and dresses to music of the rock/metal etc genre, they are called "grungers"
lol theres usually a battle between the two
Yeh, Lads or Bogans
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I am a "chav", and I play guitar... Yay me.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by fredzeskater
nah, here in england. We have these thugs, who listen to rap/rNb. The adults and the punk rock kids/goths whatever, call them "chavs". They where like cheap nike clothes etc.
They spit, smoke, vanadise, abuse ppl etc. There is also a word for someone who listens and dresses to music of the rock/metal etc genre, they are called "grungers"
lol theres usually a battle between the two

or with me its 'bogga'. or the really really stupid ones, emo
Quote by J.A.M
Council
Housed
And
Violent

supposedly what it stands for, but it doesn't quite conjure up the correct image of one.

In Scotland, we call them Neds. Same thing.

I have to say though, apart from there violent code of conduct and lack of intelligence, some of them can be really cool guys.

Yeah I've encountered chavs who were alright and it's quite shocking. They are very few and far between though
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
In America we call them young punks. Just another youth fad that will fade away in a few years. Like the huge baggy pants thing did.
By the time you get to be my age, you'll get somewhat used to it.
1/2 my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.
they kinda remind me of monkeys.

we don't really have them alot here in oz...

the mowries & simhoans (sp?) try they're hardest. its so pathetic it could be passed off as an "aww look how hard they're trying... lets just humour them. "
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
Chavs are not the British version of jocks or wiggers. Also they don't really listen to rap and R'n'B, they are more into happy hardcore type stuff and MC.
they always seem to look the same....with short hair and all, and they always seem to wear white.

and they are basically only a british thing. There are similar types of people elsewhere in the world, but none that are the same as chavs. The defining characteristic of a chav is a sort of checkered hat. They usually travel in packs and are often violent.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
they always seem to look the same....with short hair and all, and they always seem to wear white.

and they are basically only a british thing. There are similar types of people elsewhere in the world, but none that are the same as chavs. The defining characteristic of a chav is a sort of checkered hat. They usually travel in packs and are often violent.

Not only do they look the same, they sound the same too! I remember when I was walking my dog once and there was a group of chavettes behind me and I really thought it was one chavette talking to herself about 'how fit luke was' or some sh*t like that.
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
so there basicaly like ali g
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER