Hi all, long time reader first time poster. I am trying to finish up a project but I have run into something I cannot find the answer to. I hope I can be clear about this so here it is:

I am using a 'Fender Style' body. The neck pocket is routed to 5/8 as per the many references I have found. Here is a picture just for reference:

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=fretboard_extension

The neck is a 'Fender Style' neck which is 1" thick again according to specs. The bridge is a hardtail style bridge. My question is that if the neck sits 5/8 down then 3/8 is exposed over the body right? Well, if I max out the height adjustment on the saddles, I only get about 7/16 of an inch. At this height, the strings practically lay against the fretboard. Nevermind trying to get a decent saddle curve to match the fretboard somewhat. The only thing I can think of is that the pocket needs to be deeper for this type of bridge. If so, how come I haven't found anything that says this. They all refer to 5/8 as industry standard. Am I missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
What neck is it? Fender style can mean a variety of things. Measure the heel and then measure the pocket thats cut into the body. If there is 1/2 an inch difference then i thin youll either need to make the pocket deeper or shave some of the heel off