new pickups. i have had my guitar for a little while now and i am starting to get better but i was starting to wonder how good my pickups are. i dont know what kind are good or even what kind i have can anybody help me out. i have an epiphone sg white. thanks
they call og or nothing at all!!
it would be nice to know what kind of music you play.

for metal or heavy rock emgs are good. 81s in the bridge and 85s or 60s in the neck is a great combo thats what ive got. also seymour duncan super distortion (or is that dimarzio?) there are some great ones, but just go on musiciansfriend.com and search for what you need and read the reviews theyll tell you everything you need to know.
Changing your pick-ups will change your tone, but not an awful lot, and it probably won't be the best inversion you could make. I would recommend saving up and buying a new amp. That's the way you want to go if you feel your actual tone is lacking.
i was at the store today picking up some new strings and i played this gibson sg. why does it sound so much better than my epiphone and if it is the pickups what kind are they most likely. i was playing on a crappy 15 watt so i know it is not the amp
Quote by haggin13
i was at the store today picking up some new strings and i played this gibson sg. why does it sound so much better than my epiphone and if it is the pickups what kind are they most likely. i was playing on a crappy 15 watt so i know it is not the amp

that's like saying, why is this ferrari better than my kombi
Jackson Dinky DK2M, white w/ SD Blackout pickup set, 10-56 gauge
Les Paul Custom, black w/ gold hardware, 9-46 gauge.
Randall RH50T
Randall RA412XC
Dunlop Tortex's 1.0mm/1.14mm
Quote by RICKMORANIS

that's like saying, why is this ferrari better than my kombi

funny, lets just pretend i know nothing about cars
what "crappy" 15 watt amp was it?
because 15 watts doesn't mean crappy.
and gibsons usually have gibson pickups if you needed to know.
the guitar's tonal properties and the pickups, chances are the strings might have been mellower/brighter. and try your guitar on that same 15 watt amp
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!