Page 1 of 6
How smart are UG members?

Without using a search engine, ask a question that you've always wanted to know, and lets see if someone can answer it.

Like an Anti-Google thread

Me first:
Why is the sky blue?, is it because of the water?
No, the sky is actually purple. It appears blue to us because of some bull **** i cant remember

Why do clouds turn to rain?
the sky is purple!?!?! how cool would it be if we saw it like that!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
Quote by Copius
Because water condesnes and forms raindrops.

What do I have in my pocket...

JK, Who was the first bassist for Metallica?

Cliff Burton.
Quote by 7daycrisis
No, the sky is actually purple. It appears blue to us because of some bull **** i cant remember

According to QI, space is actually beige
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
At what time of day do most people die?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Will The Wildhearts EVER get the recognition they rightfully deserve?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Six_String_King
Cliff Burton.
Wasn't It Dave Mustain (SP?, i wouldn't know, Megadeth kinda sucks)

They booted him though...
Guitars:
Slivertone SIK-1 (Black w/ Custom Killswitch)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Platanos con Salami

Hippies at Heart
Quote by BeNgEEPuNkGeEtA
average life expectency of a male in a developed country

I think we're up to 80 now.
Quote by Keyphur
who are the wildhearts?

EXACTLY.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
The sky really is purple. We see it as blue because it scatters a lot of blue photon particles which are eyes are better at picking up on. But yeah, it's really purple. Bees and some other insects see it as purple.

Physics class was cool.
Actually, the sky is blue, because particles in the air absorb, or split (like a rainbow) different light waves =]
If this didn't happen, the sky would appear black, and the sun would appear bright white. and it'd be pretty boring =]

Heres my question, 'how does music create emotion?'
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by Zman

I thought James grew up with Cliff, and then they met kirk, and Lars came from poland or something.
Quote by Six_String_King
Me first:

no because blue is the easiest colour to be refracted or something like that. so when the suns rays pass through the atmosphere blue is he colour you see.

refreacted probably isnt the right word.
Quote by 7daycrisis

because it gets that cold that the vapour turns back to liquid.

or maybe not cold enough per se, but the conditions are right.
Quote by Copius
Because water condesnes and forms raindrops.

What do I have in my pocket...

JK, Who was the first bassist for Metallica?

hetfield.

I cant remember the first guy who was metallica's bass player, but hetfield made the bass parts I think

Quote by andy_thomas
At what time of day do most people die?

of heart related deaths, it's something like mid morning. I think.

the heart isn't fully woken up but the mind is, so the body does things normall and sometimes the heart cant keep up.

but I don't know for sure

there was a thread like this a couple of weeks ago and I was bored and ended up answering most of them lol.

this one's harder because I cant look anythin up.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by Zman

They booted him though...

Mustain didnt play bass
You are now blinking manually
Quote by BeNgEEPuNkGeEtA
average life expectency of a male in a developed country

70-90....?
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by FNAFJ
Actually, the sky is blue, because particles in the air absorb, or split (like a rainbow) different light waves =]
If this didn't happen, the sky would appear black, and the sun would appear bright white. and it'd be pretty boring =]

Heres my question, 'how does music create emotion?'

People relate music to real life problems, then they cry.
The first question was never properly answered

Why is the sky blue?

answer: because light is made up of a prism of colours, Each one of these colours have a certain wave frequencies, When light hites a rain drop for example it splits into all seperate colours and carriers and we still view it as white light, however when it hits a gas molecule it is absorbed and then given off in a different direction sometime later. The reason the sky is blue is because the frequency of a blue wave form is more likely than any other colour to get absorbed
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Six_String_King

Without using a search engine, ask a question that you've always wanted to know, and lets see if someone can answer it.

Me first:

No, it's because of light scattering through Nitrogen molecules

What colour pants am I wearing?
Cliff burton first metallica bassist

Everton FC
why does the left testical always higher than the right???

*pokes in wonder*
You are now blinking manually
Quote by burningcowsrule
What colour pants am I wearing?

Purple?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by Footzyrama
The first question was never properly answered

Why is the sky blue?

answer: because light is made up of a prism of colours, Each one of these colours have a certain wave frequencies, When light hites a rain drop for example it splits into all seperate colours and carriers and we still view it as white light, however when it hits a gas molecule it is absorbed and then given off in a different direction sometime later. The reason the sky is blue is because the frequency of a blue wave form is more likely than any other colour to get absorbed

So does that apply to the color of water too? or is the ocean blue just because it is deep?
Quote by Keyphur

*pokes in wonder*

So you can walk without squishing the other. I'm serial.
Quote by Six_String_King

Me first:

Its due to the white light from the sun being refracted off the amount of crap thats in the atmosphere. Thats why the sky is red in the mornings and turns blue. The lower the sun sits in the sky the more red the sky becomes.

Physics ftw.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by Six_String_King
So does that apply to the color of water too? or is the ocean blue just because it is deep?

Water is clear.
The ocean is only blue because it has the sky's reflection in it.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Quote by Keyphur

*pokes in wonder*

it's not always the left one, but one's higher so they don't knock into each other when you walk or run, thus making you unable to walk or run.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Six_String_King

Water, in its pure, distilled form, is transparent, the colour of it depends what's in it.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
I believe water is actually blue. However you need a vast amount of it to see this. However im not entirely sure

Everton FC
Quote by Six_String_King
So you can walk without squishing the other. I'm serial.

Mine is lower than my right...am I a freak?
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Quote by jimmypage27
Water, in its pure, distilled form, is transparent, the colour of it depends what's in it.

Its because of the minerals in the water. I think reflection has very little to do with the color. Not all water is blue... sometimes it looks green, maybe even a little yellow or black.
Quote by Footzyrama
I believe water is actually blue. However you need a vast amount of it to see this. However im not entirely sure

Oh Christ..

*Fetches the men in white coats for you*
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
Mine is lower than my right...am I a freak?

nope.

as i said, it's not always the left that's higher.

Quote by element4433