ok so
at my school i had always been by far the best bass player
and this foreign exchnge student from brazil came
and i hear is crazy good
and im pretty competitive
so im try to get better than him quick
im try to find impressive bass lines
and also i started worknig on slap
i just started with slap and all i have learned or even tried is tell me baby and can't stop
any suggestions on slap impressive lines and just ways to improve my playing
i would also like to get into tapping
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494268
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531708

Have a look through those threads.

But remember, music is not a competition, by all means be a little competitive but don't let a rivalry build up, you will get caught up in it, and rather than thinking clearly to see how you can improve in certain areas you will cut corners/rush and your playing will suffer.

There may be areas you are better in than him, don't let him become a rival, make friends with him and learn from him and he may learn from you too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
oh i talk to him in orchestra cause we both just started but when i compete i get better a lot faster
Yeah I don't know anyone who doesn't play better/learn faster when there's a little competition. All I'm saying is don't overdo it and get too competitive.

Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
theres a thread asking about slap songs on the first page look in there.

and music isn't a competition, learn because you want to learn not because you want to be better than some other guy. just keep that in mind
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.