I ordered a Roland Cube 30x and a cable for me, and my dad ordered Dean Markley Pickup for his acoustic guitar and we saw free shipping (2-5 days) so why not save tax? Well here is how it unfolded.

• Placed the order on the 8th
  • Nothing on the 10th...OK, maybe it will be a little longer
  • Nothing on the 13th...something is wrong here
  • Called support on the 17th "Your package will ship tomorrow." - Great customer support!...or not...
  • Check status on 18th, "Being packaged" - I thought it was supposed to ship?
  • Nothing on the 18th...wow 2x the maximum shipping time? Called support, the pickup was back-ordered, "Your amp and cable will ship tomorrow. We have a new computer system, sorry for inconvenience." - Finally someone who tells the truth...or not...
  • Check status on 19th, "Being packaged". Called support, canceled order, checked status, "Canceled" - Finally, this mess is over, I'm going to the store.
  • We picked up the amp and a cable in the store.
  • Checking E-Mail on the 21st, "Your back-ordered package has shipped".

My Conclusion: Don't buy online. Especially from Guitar Center.
.: Setup :.
Ibanez RG321 - Grey Nickel
Roland Cube 30x
Don't be an idiot. These things happen, and its a risk you have to take when ordering online. Also i like how you were upset that it hadn't come 5 days after purchasing it. That is the amount of time it will take to ship, not get to your doorstep.
Quote by owen5649
Don't be an idiot. These things happen, and its a risk you have to take when ordering online. Also i like how you were upset that it hadn't come 5 days after purchasing it. That is the amount of time it will take to ship, not get to your doorstep.

Umm are you kidding me? 2-5 day shipping means it comes to your house after 2-5 days. So 1 day overnight shipping means it takes them 1 day to ship, then 2 weeks to arrive? No it means you get it the next day. Your wrong, epic fail.
Roland Cube 30x
that sucks dude
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Quote by joeymaxx
I ordered from GAK and it came the next day, and I didn't express deliver.

GAK? I'm guessing this is in UK since that's what your profile says. I guess I should have used Musician's Friend.
Roland Cube 30x
Quote by Ryu Hitokiri
GAK? I'm guessing this is in UK since that's what your profile says. I guess I should have used Musician's Friend.

I've had really good experience with Musician's Friend except when I ordered a month or two ago and they were moving warehouses. That one took awhile, but I knew that when I ordered it.

But Musician's Friend and Guitar Center are owned by the same company, so it doesn't really matter which one you buy your gear from.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
the 2-5 day shipping means your order will be processed and out of the factory in 2-5 days... the actualy shipping will take a bit longer
I see no sign of fortress.
No, my friend, i don't know how to prove this to you, but if you can prove me wrong go ahead. That is the estimated time it will take to ship. So for overnight shipping the package would be shipped that night and come the next day, because its OVERNIGHT shipping.

^to op
Quote by Red989
I've had really good experience with Musician's Friend except when I ordered a month or two ago and they were moving warehouses. That one took awhile, but I knew that when I ordered it.

But Musician's Friend and Guitar Center are owned by the same company, so it doesn't really matter which one you buy your gear from.
That's what I thought, but I hear a lot of horror stories from people who buy from GC. I buy from MF all the time and have had no probs ever, always comes within 5 days with the standard free shipping.
I custom ordered a bright blue RR3, it took two months to get to me, and they shipped it to me broken in the first place, and so I have been waiting the last three months to get a new one. Which reminds me I need to call Guitar Center today.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
Quote by Ryu Hitokiri

Aren't they the exact same? I know the websites are the exact same and so is the merchandise.. I'd assume they were run by the same people
I order an acoustic off ebay, it arrived promptly but its action was like 7cm high. I took it to the guitar shop to lower it and the guy said the neck was bent and i'd cost $50 to get it fixed and that it wasn't even a guaranteed job that it'd work (might've been buzzing and stuff) so I said stuff it.

Emailed the people, they said send it back...so I did. The guitar cost $127.50 plus $25 shipping and handling i.e $152.50. Posting it back cost $11 so that's gone and I might not even get the total $127.50 back, apparently their refund policy is 80% of the purchase price.

Bottom line, I haven't got my money back yet and I posted it 8 days ago. Even if I DO get my money back i'll have lost around $60...

I guess that's a lesson learned. DONT BUY GUITARS OFF EBAY!
Umm, dude obviously you didn't read into any of this before you bought the guitar off ebay. If your not prepared for things wrong with the guitar, then you shouldn't of bought it. And you obviously didn't read their terms, or you would've known your losses if you were to return it. I have had many positive guitar experiences on ebay, and it seems you were just unprepared.
Quote by savio23q
apparently their refund policy is 80% of the purchase price.

If they didn't state that the neck was bent, i.e. the item was faulty, they HAVE to give you your money back. Open a dispute with the seller.
I ordered a pedal for my amp on Guitar Center Online and it was back-ordered for two months, ordered it November, got it late January.
Guitars:
Slivertone SIK-1 (Black w/ Custom Killswitch)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Platanos con Salami

Hippies at Heart
No, they don't have to give all his money back. If they stated before the auction the return policy was %80 of the original price, and the bent neck wasn't something that couldn't be fixed, and/or did not affect the playing enough, then they do not. Also, why would you take it to a guitar shop. If its just the action adjust it yourself.
Quote by owen5649
No, they don't have to give all his money back. If they stated before the auction the return policy was %80 of the original price, and the bent neck wasn't something that couldn't be fixed, and/or did not affect the playing enough, then they do not. Also, why would you take it to a guitar shop. If its just the action adjust it yourself.

Yeah but, it's not like the guitar's fine and I just wanna return it coz I dont WANT it anymore...it's screwed, it's their fault, not mine. So why should I pay for a faulty item?! I don't get it. Im not returning it coz I dont want it...I do, but it's faulty.

And I took it to the shop coz I'd rather pay $20 for a professional job rather than ruin it by doing it myself.
Quote by gibson_lover_ga
I custom ordered a bright blue RR3, it took two months to get to me, and they shipped it to me broken in the first place, and so I have been waiting the last three months to get a new one. Which reminds me I need to call Guitar Center today.

YOU SIGGED ME

I ordered an amp from GC once.

It took them about 3 weeks to send me a goddamn mail back that my credit card was invalid
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by owen5649
Umm, dude obviously you didn't read into any of this before you bought the guitar off ebay. If your not prepared for things wrong with the guitar, then you shouldn't of bought it. And you obviously didn't read their terms, or you would've known your losses if you were to return it. I have had many positive guitar experiences on ebay, and it seems you were just unprepared.

Oh and I also did read into it. The seller was one of those power sellers with like a gazillion positive feedbacks, so I thought...how bad can it be? I did read the terms...I just didn't expect a faulty guitar LOL. Maybe you were just more fortunate than me with your purchases?

As far as im concerned, im done with ebay guitar shopping. I'd so much rather touch and play the guitar before buying it.