I just got a new Ibanez RG321 in Grey Nickel and the G-String rings 99% of the time I play it. Any ideas?
.: Setup :.
Ibanez RG321 - Grey Nickel
Roland Cube 30x
Where does it ring?

The nut?

On other frets?

The saddle?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Finger A Minor.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
It sounds like it comes from the body part of the guitar, not the neck. (I don't mean inside the body).

Quote by andy_thomas
Finger A Minor.

Umm how? Sorry I just got this.
Roland Cube 30x
do you know how to raise the string a little?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
do you know how to raise the string a little?

Yeah using the bridge right?
Roland Cube 30x
Quote by Ryu Hitokiri
Yeah using the bridge right?

Yup, just raise the saddle a bit (you should have been given the proper allen wrench with the guitar).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah, a tiny allen wrench moves the saddle. u turn the pegs on the front face of the saddle.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

You have an action problem. Raise the height of the string saddle at the bridge. The exact way to do this is dependant on your guitar as there are many different bridge designs.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
^it's actually ok to read the posts above urs. just letting you know.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah, a tiny allen wrench moves the saddle. u turn the pegs on the front face of the saddle.

That's exactly what I did. I raised that. You can still fainty hear it, but it's much better. I'm trying to make it sound good without raising it so much higher above the other strings.
Roland Cube 30x
welll some buzzing is fine. especially acoustic buzzing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62