My homepage (Which is ultimate guitar) showed some interesting topics on the forums, i decided to post something seeing as i had nothing better to do.

Well you see, I started playing guitar about the start of 2007 (about 9 months ago now) and after playing for about 6 months and learning quickly, my sister (whose guitar i was using) gave her guitar to some other guy so i had nothing to play. Im not having any luck finding a job anywhere either, havent gotten so much as an interview. Maybe its because of my 'I wish it was metal hair' hair. Hrm, who knows. And for the last 6 hours ive felt incredibly inspired to play guitar.

What would anyone suggest I do to get a guitar? Im guessing they will involve money, how does one get money to get a guitar? I dont care if it sucks, as long as it goes into my amp and gets crunched by it, im happy. You know what, i dont know why im posting something like this im just bored and interested in what people might have to say.

Arycama
I'd give you my ****ty old one, but you're in Adelaide.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
job

theft

or prostitution

they will be the only answers you get from the pit.

and 1 and 3 will probably be in the same post

EDIT: HOLY SH-
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Birthday and christmas is still...a few months away. Dammit >< I wonder how well a power metal band would do in adelaide. With a few death metal elements. (Mainly the vocals) Hrm, combine Children of Bodom and DragonForce. Win or fail?
local papers that have a classified section often have guitars in them, usually for lots cheaper than e bay as well.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Arycama
My homepage (Which is ultimate guitar) showed some interesting topics on the forums, i decided to post something seeing as i had nothing better to do.

Well you see, I started playing guitar about the start of 2007 (about 9 months ago now) and after playing for about 6 months and learning quickly, my sister (whose guitar i was using) gave her guitar to some other guy so i had nothing to play. Im not having any luck finding a job anywhere either, havent gotten so much as an interview. Maybe its because of my 'I wish it was metal hair' hair. Hrm, who knows. And for the last 6 hours ive felt incredibly inspired to play guitar.

What would anyone suggest I do to get a guitar? Im guessing they will involve money, how does one get money to get a guitar? I dont care if it sucks, as long as it goes into my amp and gets crunched by it, im happy. You know what, i dont know why im posting something like this im just bored and interested in what people might have to say.

Arycama

get a job or do work around your area for money
get a roland micro cube
get a cheap guitar with good quality.

ebay is good for guitar buying and with the micro cube, its so tough i would buy one used on ebay if it is in working condition.

I have a cheap $300 PRS guitar that i got on sale new at MF for just $200.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-EG-Electric-Guitar?sku=511962&src=3SOSWXXA

PRS SE EG - 3 single pickups
nice tone but the pickups are a little noisy.
for audio samples see my myspace and UG profiles
all my audio is recorded with a digitech EX7 and Yamaha Magicstomp going direct to the mixer board which is feeding my recording sound card.
Talk to your parents about it? Maybe make a deal where they buy it for you.. And once you get a job you pay them back.

And for getting a job, put your hair back into a pony tail. Dress nice... And use good manners... Sirs/ma'ams, handshakes, yes instead of yeah.. It all goes a long way. =)

And, Children Of Bodom are NOT death metal. Children Of Bodom + DragonForce = faster Children Of Bodom. lol