I'm looking for a guitar suited to play metal. All five of these guitars seem pretty similar so I cant really tell which one is better than the other. Some things I am trying to compare are:
-build quality
-neck (i have very small hands)
-price (i dont want to spend over 750)

Jackson DKMGT
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-with-EMG-Pickups?sku=512241

LTD MH-400
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400NT-Electric-Guitar-?sku=516685

LTD V-500
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512895

Ibanez RG (With new pickups)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR421EXFM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512459

Jackson RR3 hardtail (with new pickups)
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-JAC-2940012-508.html#

Thanks.

PS: i do not like schecters, ibanez sz's, or les paul shapes
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Haven't tried the RR3 or V500.

But from what I have seen so far. I'd so with either the DKMG or MH400

EDIT: take a look at this click

BTW, what amp do you have?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

DKMGT hands down, it's more comfortable than the MH400, apart from the fact it has a bolt-on neck
ohai little sig.
ill be using a Peavey Windsor for this guitar with an Ibanez TS-9
Quote by seizetheday1103
either the DKMGT or the mh-400

+1
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
go for the v500 they are awesome
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
don't forget about the washburn x50 pro either...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
defo the Jackson DKMGT
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I once adored Ibanez but since I've become a more or less experience player I've found that I prefer ESP over Ibanez and Jackson...... the more expensive ESP models are truly amazing and also almost all ESP models come equipped with EMG pickups..... just stay away from the cheap ESP's......

but BC Rich, Dean and Schecter is also some very good metal axes...... also some surden Washburn's is very decent guitars......

after all its all about personal taste......

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
seems like a lot of people are recommending the Jackson DKMGT. How does that compare to the Washburn x50? how do the necks compare as well
I used to have an MH-400 (f/r). Get the version with the floyd rose. One of the best guitars in that price range.

The neck is pretty thin, I found it good as. Very easy access to the upper frets.
How about the Jackson SLSMG?

Of your list, though, I'd go for the MH-400 because it's sweet.
Quote by brandooon
seems like a lot of people are recommending the Jackson DKMGT. How does that compare to the Washburn x50? how do the necks compare as well

Completely different pickups. I prefer duncans personally. The neck of the X50pro is thicker as well. But I found it eaiser to play on it than those thin necks.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

is the jackson neck thinner than the mh-400? and how is a "compound radius" neck different from a regular one?
Last edited by brandooon at Sep 23, 2007,
They are sort of similar.

LTD has a more rounded shape whereas Jackson is flatter.

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by Danno13
How about the Jackson SLSMG?

Of your list, though, I'd go for the MH-400 because it's sweet.

Uber ass-kicking pure unadulterated win!!!

Also known as, +1.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Washburn X50 Pro also worth a look.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by brandooon
is the jackson neck thinner than the mh-400? and how is a "compound radius" neck different from a regular one?

haven't tried the mh400, but on a compound radius, the radius flattens as you go up the neck. supposedly makes it easier for chording at the lower frets, and easier for soloing at the higher ones. though on those jacksons it only goes from like 14 to 16", so i doubt there'd be much of a difference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own an LTD MH-400. Its a great guitar. At first I was like "what the hell?" because the XJ frets felt really wonky. You have to be light with your fingers or the note goes out of tune. Now though, this has helped so much. For those really fast metal solos where there isnt much bending or what not, you just fly through them. Ive never played a jackson I'll admit, but I've heard nothing but great things about their necks mainly. Your best bet is to go to a store and see which one you like better.

One more thing. If you like ANY metal or ANYTHING with tunings other than standard, DO NOT get the floyd rose. Trust me.. I can only imagine playing some black label stuff with mine :'( I have to use my ibanez gio for that stuff.. not fun.
Quote by HolmesMonaco
i would take a washburn WI-66pro over any of these

that's also a good call. a 65 pro is worth a look too if you want to save a little money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?