so tonight is the night of a big gig and I was going to play a few solo songs but I woke this morning and my voice is ****ing shot. Not only do I have a gig, I also have a huge-ass date with this girl and this blows balls

what can I do??
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by Thornography
Swallow icy hot

sorry

if that helped I would do it!
sipping water is good for the voice. my other advice is learn from this in the future
Drink a load of milk, that'll probably soothe your throat.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I can barely talk, lol and to make matters worst I'm not sure what it is but I think my tear duct is swollen
wrong wrong and wrong. coffee. hot coffee. ok, maybe some milk honey or lemons now, but not anywhere close to the gig! your throat will be soothed but coated in gunk that you can't sing through. hot coffee. dont chug or anything, drink as normal. between losenges. i hate this problem. do you smoke?
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
wrong wrong and wrong. coffee. hot coffee. ok, maybe some milk honey or lemons now, but not anywhere close to the gig! your throat will be soothed but coated in gunk that you can't sing through. hot coffee. dont chug or anything, drink as normal. between losenges. i hate this problem. do you smoke?

not as much as a used to- but its not cigs or anything (not saying other stuff cant hurt you )

but the climate is changing and **** and I think I have a swollen lymphnode lol
Listen to YOUNGBLOOD but make sure you don't drink any close to the show or you'll produce extra mucus and it will make it more difficult to sing.

I find that when it's hard for me to talk if I do talk (even though it's harder) my throat loosens up and it becomes easier to talk.

EDIT: And yeah, it's just turning to Autumn (or Fall) here and I caught a cold (which turned into a sinus infection, as they always do with me) about a week ago so I haven't been able to sing for about a week. I should be fully recovered in a day or two.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
Listen to YOUNGBLOOD but make sure you don't drink any close to the show or you'll produce extra mucus and it will make it more difficult to sing.

I find that when it's hard for me to talk if I do talk (even though it's harder) my throat loosens up and it becomes easier to talk.

EDIT: And yeah, it's just turning to Autumn (or Fall) here and I caught a cold (which turned into a sinus infection, as they always do with me) about a week ago so I haven't been able to sing for about a week. I should be fully recovered in a day or two.

I never get sick, lol but it sucks when I do. Its fall here I love the fall. I'm not so worried tonight about my gig, because I don't have to sing if I don't want to, but about the date- cuz I can barely talk
drink lots of water and don't try to talk for half the day should heal a little faster that way
Quote by TDKshorty
so tonight is the night of a big gig and I was going to play a few solo songs but I woke this morning and my voice is ****ing shot. Not only do I have a gig, I also have a huge-ass date with this girl and this blows balls

what can I do??

a huge-ass date ?! dude.. stay home

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Thornography
Swallow icy hot

sorry

you know what, he might actually be right. it COULD help....maybe. but if you want a safer alternative by some of that "crystal clear" vocal spray stuff. its made to help your throat in these situations.
Quote by noxiosimitator
a huge-ass date ?! dude.. stay home

haha-

well its on an "epic" scale lol, I really really really like this girl
Drink very hot tea, thats always helped me
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by angus is god
Drink very hot tea, thats always helped me

i drunk some cappuccino and I feel better- the plus side is my throats not fully healed so I've got that real deep sounding voice without sounding completely sick

dude! i hope i get sick so i can stay home and play guitar all day instead of going to school!!

help me get sick!! lol
I would stay away from anything with too much caffeine in it or milk aswell. I would stick with ice water and lemon or raspberry tea.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Honey..Eat a couple spoon fulls of honey and that should clear it up. I always do it if my voice sounds raspy or my throat hurts
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
chicks find Lemmy from Motorhead sexy, i cant see why this will mess up your date
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by ckellingc
NO NO NO DO NOT SWALLOW ICY HOT!!!

Swallow anti-freeze

dude! never again

lol
get some warm water, like not too hot but not too cold. a little more hot than cold though, and then put a ****load of salt and mix it, then go to the washroom and start gurgling it. Try doing it wihtout making any noise, then like a really low whisper, then high whisper, then start using ur voice making a low note, then slowly go higher, then higher, remembering to spit it out and use some new salt water sips. keep like gurgling while doing different things with your throat, so that it will clean it up all over. do this a lot today. and also drink some warm stuff like tea, no cold ****. and honey is your best friend too. and also if you want, try eating some bread. like just bread, or some kind of cake, but some kind of thing that gts all sticky in your throat, it can kind of help it out cuz i remember my dad told me to eat some bread and i did and it felt like it was scraping out all the **** in my throat when i swallowed it. not rlly but it kind of helped .

and if u feel like something is in your throat, then like do a thing where you're screaming, but don't scream properly, that way it wil come out. don't do this too often though cuz it will get the mucus out which is a good thing but a lot of times it will just hurt u even more and if ur throat was just bluffing and nothing comes out, then it's like you're hurting yourself and not helping yourself at the same time. if yellow stuff comes out then it's helping
Last edited by Darth_Qurashi at Sep 22, 2007,
chicks find Lemmy from Motorhead sexy, i cant see why this will mess up your date

I have a slight suspicion that, that may have something to do with the fact that he has alot of money oh and a very sexy mole. I mean wich girl doesn't find that sexy.
Quote by Twist of fate

Awesome episode
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
the vocal spray helps too, but im sure its a little late to go hunting that **** down right now. good luck on the date.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by TDKshorty
... Not only do I have a gig, I also have a huge-ass date with this girl and this blows balls

Sign language her to you know...Blow something else....
Shes seen me play
I'm playing for her later tonight- just personal
I knew that would be the answer. In that case, i think you should cancel. So you miss one gig, big deal. Unless theres like a record company representative there, just miss it.

Don't listen to me though, I is a n00b.
well i just do some solo songs

Tiny Dancer
All My Life

im just a guitarist

Gig was cancelled and she got in trouble
Last edited by TDKshorty at Sep 22, 2007,