Theres a chip on my almost brand new les paul! dont ask how it happened, I usually take such good care of it...
Anyways, its small but right to the wood so its kind of deep. Can I repair this / get it repaired, and how much do you think that would cost? I can try to put some pictures later. It's really not that big of a deal but Im pretty upset by it.
meh. don't worry about it. it's a les paul, so i doubt you'll be caring about resale value for a while. Until something breaks you should be fine.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Fixing such deep chips is going to be hard/impossible and the effort, or money if you have it repaired, is not going to be worth it. If you're really bothered by it you can colour it with a marker to fit the colour of your guitar and make it less noticeable, but that's pretty much it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Les Paul's are meant to be beat up maaaan. Dw much about it, more knocks are on the way
ohai little sig.
Quote by Hdap101
meh. don't worry about it. it's a les paul, so i doubt you'll be caring about resale value for a while. Until something breaks you should be fine.

says the guy with the stratocaster.... FO

I have a friend in Saskatchewan that took half his headstock off. He took it to a guy there that repaired it, and matched the paint flawlessly. I'll see if I can get a name, or a name of someone in the states.
Unlucky man.

I've dropped and chipped my les paul many a time. But luckliy I've done no serious damage to it. A little dint on the edge of the neck and a few dints on the body. I've also snapped my input inwards..

Anyway, I wouldn't bother getting it repaired unless it really bothers you. And I'm not sure you can get it repaired, but I haven't looked into it myself.
the word relic means alot to some people when selling on
so just chip it more & eventually you'll have an amazing looking relic that sounds amazing!
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by Demonikk
Les Paul's are meant to be beat up maaaan. Dw much about it, more knocks are on the way

I thinks strats look good beaten up and les pauls look best pristine

sorry to hear about it, the first chips always the worst.
hug?
ya i recently dinged my strat kinda bad....and well its not worth getting fixed...i mean if your worried about looks and it bothers you that much i say go ahead but, if your not gonna resell it or if it doesnt really bother you..whats the big deal?..just look at all these famous guitars guitars..like eric clapton's blackie (i think thats the name) or EDV guitar...just say it adds character =D
FRO POWER!!!
Quote by joeymaxx

sorry to hear about it, the first chips always the worst.
hug?

Kirk Hammett's beat up strat looks beautiful
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Damaging any guitar sucks huge balls. I baby my strat to hell and back, but in the end its all about the sound it makes, right?
cheers betch
How the hell did you manage that?

My LP has been throw, smacked into doors,amps,poles, dropped, and everything, and it still has no chips it it...
Guitars:
Slivertone SIK-1 (Black w/ Custom Killswitch)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Platanos con Salami

Hippies at Heart
Quote by Zman

My LP has been throw, smacked into doors,amps,poles, dropped, and everything, and it still has no chips it it...

Well, long story short my friend dropped a skateboard on it by accident. But I can't beat them up because shes a girl :P.
What a skateboard was doing so close to my guitar and what my guitar wasnt doing in its case at the time was my own fault.
Thanks for the help though guys, I'll just leave it and I fel a bit better about it. Still sucks but meh.
Quote by Zman

oo an alpine white LP, i love those, I'm saving up for a custom
hey ^^ i was reading this magzine and it had this page saing how to repair chips....i can type it out if you want me too and maybe put pics to show you....

maybe if you put a picture up of your chip and i'll see if it is the same kinda chip in the mag...
Last edited by Music & Guitars at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by Brendan.Clace
says the guy with the stratocaster.... FO

wtf was that in aid of?

If its just a chip don't worry about it - if it still plays well and sounds good, it shouldn't really matter, unless you're planning on selling it any time soon.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by tommyt
is it gibson or epiphone btw?

Well its an epi, if it was a gibson I would be freaking out a lot more. But still, I love the thing to death. I was going to try and sell it for a few hundred at least to finish saving up for a gibson SG soon.
Quote by 96' FenderStrat
ya i recently dinged my strat kinda bad....and well its not worth getting fixed...i mean if your worried about looks and it bothers you that much i say go ahead but, if your not gonna resell it or if it doesnt really bother you..whats the big deal?..just look at all these famous guitars guitars..like eric clapton's blackie (i think thats the name) or EDV guitar...just say it adds character =D

Who the **** is EDV?

Anyways:

Sorry for ****ty, oversized pics.
Quote by Telephis
Well its an epi, if it was a gibson I would be freaking out a lot more. But still, I love the thing to death. I was going to try and sell it for a few hundred at least to finish saving up for a gibson SG soon.

dont worry about it then, its only one chip, youll probably still be able to find someone just starting out who'd pay enough for it
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
its possible to repair it with super glue then put something on it. Its in this months total guitar magazine.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
you can always steam a dent to raise it. but honestly i would leave it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I just chipped my Ibanez S series
Gutted to **** i am.
But the colouring with marker idea seems the most useful here.

Plus i couldnt get it resprayed if i wanted to, the finish on the 520EX is unmatchable
Quite.
I chipped my SG the first week i got it
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
its a guitar man. its like a vintage car, if you want it to stay mint, DONT DRIVE IT. same with a guitar, if you want it to be mint DONT PLAY IT. its meant to be played, and dents and dings are bound to happen.

on a lighter note

Old Thread
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by joeymaxx

I think all guitars look great new and beaten up. Well, all guitars that look great.

Edit: Woah, someone necrobumped this.