Hello there,
I'm a massive fan of David Gilmour, and I'm seeking to buy a Stratocaster that can succsesfully emulate his sound.
Does anybody have any recommendations/links?

Prefferabley, it should be a Black strat.

Thank you
also, it's near impossible with just a guitar to get his tone...just letting you know.
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
Yeah. I realise that. But I have sucsesfully managed to get near his tone with my Telecaster.
I'm just looking for that functionality and tone of the Strat.

My budget? £500-2000
I would wait a couple months, cause fender is releasing a David Gilmour signature strat
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

David uses some kickass EMG singlecoil pickups (the only singlecoil I ever liked)

his sound is amazing..... even with heavy distortion!
I have the "Pink Floyd - Pulse" dvd and just listening to the opening, Shine on you crazy diamond, gives me goosebumbs!!!!
David is a god of the non-shredding guitar universe..... so unique in style and sound

but I think it'll be hard as hell to replicate his sound..... dont know if a signature knockoff will be able to do the trick..... I once managed to get a Gilmour'ish sound out of my BC Rich Warlock when I was fooling around.....
Quote by TheBloodstained
David uses some kickass EMG singlecoil pickups

He only used those because when he used those to keep noise down. He's been quoted many times that he never really liked the tone he got from the emgs. So when the times changed and they found new ways to reduce outside noise, he eventually went back to regular single coils.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
He only used those because when he used those to keep noise down. He's been quoted many times that he never really liked the tone he got from the emgs. So when the times changed and they found new ways to reduce outside noise, he eventually went back to regular single coils.

oooohhh......!!!!

but they sounded kickass on the dvd though!!
Quote by TheBloodstained
oooohhh......!!!!

but they sounded kickass on the dvd though!!

well when you have a set up like Gilmour's, you could play a strung up chunk of drift wood and it would sound like heaven.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Oooh.
I'll wait around for that David Gilmour Signature then. Cheers guys.

My three favourite guitar players currently are Jeff Beck, David Gilmour and Michael Akerfield (from Opeth). I'm looking to blend their styles
David Gilmour EMGs. Get them.

The reason he used them was because Floyd's light show would interfere with passives, so he needed actives.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: