I have a Schecter Hellraiser FR, its brand new. I just changed the strings, tuned them up, but the bridge so low that the stings get muted by the bottom fret. How do i fix this?
adjust it, raise the action. It will most likely be done using a alan key or a screw on the bridge
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Get yo' toolkit and there's two big bolts on the side of the trem, crank that up and make sure it's balanced
Loosen the springs on the back. i wouldnt recommend messing with the action yet.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Loosen the springs on the back. i wouldnt recommend messing with the action yet.

This is what you should do. If the bridge is going "into the body", the springs are to tight.
don't throw it off a cliff.
give it to me.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
string tension needs to match the spring tensio. once there both equal every thing is hunky dory
When you restrung it, did you take off all the strings? If you said yes, then give it time for the neck to bend back, because you will get some buzzing for a while if you take all the strings off at once, if your action is low. When re-stringing, restring one at a time. If this doesn't fix itself soon then raise the action by loosening the two screws holding the bridge.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
I restrung one at a time
ok. there's a nut on either side of the string on the bridge, then there are smaller ones under each string, then there are the panels on the back. what am I supposed to be messing with? The strings are touching the pickups and i'm pretty sure i should just take it to the store.
Open the backplate. You will see some springs, with one end attached to the bridge, the others to a small plate with a couple of screws that go into the body. Loosen those screws a little, and tune the guitar up again. If the bridge still isn't parallel, loosen them some more. Keep going until it looks right. It really isn't very difficult, and there should also be comprehensive FR setup lessons around the www.
Quote by kyrreca
This is what you should do. If the bridge is going "into the body", the springs are to tight.

His post wasn't specific enough to say that, he didn't say it was tilted back into the guitar, in which case loosening the springswould be the right thing to do

But he said it was so low it was muting the strings, in which case that sounds like the action is the problem

But he'll soon find out
Quote by philipisabeast
His post wasn't specific enough to say that, he didn't say it was tilted back into the guitar, in which case loosening the springswould be the right thing to do

But he said it was so low it was muting the strings, in which case that sounds like the action is the problem

But he'll soon find out

He said the bridge was not parallel to the body.
He said the strings are touching the pickups.
He said it worked before he changed the strings.

Why would the action suddenly be too low? It adjusted itself between string changes? Don't you find it somewhat more plausible that he bought lighter strings and need to adjust the springs?
He said "not as far as i can tell". Now if he's only just started using FR's he wouldn't be sure of what was going on, he could be saying that the rear of it had sunk in, or he could have been saying the whole unit had gone under

Which is a fair enough way of looking at it, when i set up my FR the first time it had completely gone under the lip of the side of the hole it's in, due to the original action being set that wayu

Anyway for the TS, this is a good site for how to restring it: http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html#basic_topic_1
Ok ok, but after a string change, what's more likely to happen:

1. String and spring tension not matching
2. Bridge magically adjusting the action all by itself, so it gets too low.

But, yeah, read that FR manual. There would 90% less "omg FRs are impossabal to set up proparly" or "how do i fixed FR LOL???" type of threads and comments id people actually took the 30 mins to learn how they work.
smash it on the ground video tape it, put it on youtube, and let me laugh my ass off.

that is how you fix that problem
they call og or nothing at all!!
well if you're gonna throw it off a cliff, just give it to me
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)