I don't think they are too bad. I don't even think their stuff is bad. But why does everyone hate them? I'm planning on buying a Yamaha SBG1000. I have tried it, I have heard good things about it, I think it's good myself. Some of their newer stuff are good too, like those RGX-A2 guitars or RGX-520FZ.

I'm no fanboy, actually. I never thought much of Yamaha until I tried their guitars, so, I'm just saying because so many people actually bash them but i don't think they ever tried one.
No!

Yamaha Pacificas = possibly the best start guitars out there!

And i've always heard good thing about the ideas/innovations of the higher up Yamaha's, in fact i don't think i've seen any hate towards them on here
Around here, they are usually regarded as good begginer guitars.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
There just beginner guitars basicly
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Yamaha makes legit instruments, i hear their high end stuff is quite good.
the acoustic guitars are pretty nice actually. i just never found an electric that i liked visually. and like a woman, we are attracted before getting to know them.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
they do good starter guitars, my friends family are total fanboys of their stuff

(his dad has a yamaha that based on the E-335, my friend says it's better than the actual thing)
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
I like them. Some aren't the greatest..My friend has one that isn't nice, but i've seen some really nice ones. My acoustic is a yamaha. It was made in '76, as a one year 100th anniversary thing. My dad got it for $50 at a garage sale when he moved to canada, and i'm pretty sure resale right now is like $400, which is a great profit.
I would never sell it, though.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
my acoustic is a yamaha its pretty nice really and it stays in tune for so long (like months and its still pretty good) never played an electric one though
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Yamaha makes more then starter guitars. they compete well with other instruments in there price range. And there artist signature models like the Amir Derakh are amazing.
High end Yamaha guitars are great. They just don't have their hands deep in the OEM bins like a lot of other manufacturers today (Why do you buy a Schecter? Because it has a Floyd Rose bridge, EMG pickups, Grover tuners, and maybe some Schaller straplocks and some other branded stuff) and use a lot of original Yamaha parts instead.

Plus, they're not really lucratively marketed towards the myspace crowd. I'm guessing since Yamaha isn't a strictly guitar business, they don't need aggressive promotion of that niche. I hear great things about Yamaha basses too.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i wouldn't buy one
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by philipisabeast
No!

Yamaha Pacificas = possibly the best start guitars out there!

And i've always heard good thing about the ideas/innovations of the higher up Yamaha's, in fact i don't think i've seen any hate towards them on here

My pacicfica was my 1st electric gitar and it is one of the best out there. Did you know Total guitar own one. They also have gibson les pauls and strats costing £1000+, but they choose to use the yamaha for many of their recordings.
my first guitar was a yamaha pacifica..015.

but other than a beginers guitar it just doesnt look good.
Quote by splat102
I don't think they are too bad. I don't even think their stuff is bad. But why does everyone hate them? I'm planning on buying a Yamaha SBG1000.

Excellent workmanship. Sound great.
I do have a problem with their RGX and RBX shapes though, esthetically speaking that is, playability is top notch.
Quote by Footzyrama
There just beginner guitars basicly

not really.

their japanese guitars are anything but beginner guitars. even their mid-range guitars basically give anything in their respective price range a pretty good run for their money...

nice guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pifty
High end Yamaha guitars are great. They just don't have their hands deep in the OEM bins like a lot of other manufacturers today (Why do you buy a Schecter? Because it has a Floyd Rose bridge, EMG pickups, Grover tuners, and maybe some Schaller straplocks and some other branded stuff) and use a lot of original Yamaha parts instead.

Plus, they're not really lucratively marketed towards the myspace crowd. I'm guessing since Yamaha isn't a strictly guitar business, they don't need aggressive promotion of that niche. I hear great things about Yamaha basses too.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i wouldn't buy one

Explain?
I have a budget Pacifica 112 that outplays all MIM Strats I've played.
I started off on a Pacifica 012 and it's lovely. I tried the Yamaha Acoustic F310 (I think that's it) and it was awesome, especially for the money. So really I think quite highly of them.
They're not that bad really. I have a Yamaha Tele body with dual humbuckers that actually sounds good and plays really well. Well, it did till I took it apart...I been trying to find time to repaint it. Found it in a pawn shop for $125.
When I go to re-do it, I plan on having alot of fun with it.