So, I've been wanting to play electric guitar for a while, so I'm planning to get one real soon. I'm kind of on a budget, $200-$250... My mom is paying for it so yeah.

I've been looking at the Epiphone SG Special Guitar Player Pack [Link] & the Squier Stop Dreaming Start Playing SG Special [Link] . And I also plan to buy a new strap for which ever guitar I purchase, because some people have stated in the reviews that they aren't that good. And this is the strap I'm planning to get with either of them. [Link]

Or I can get a Squier® Stop Dreaming Start Playing Affinity Special Strat Pack[Link], and not get a new strap. And I plan to play classic rock songs.

Any suggestions or input on this is much appreciated.

EDIT: I guess I can get a new & better guitar + amp by next summer, if I really want to continue playing guitar. I'll be 16 by then so I can find a decent job.
Last edited by ZeppMuffins at Sep 22, 2007,
You should get a job and save up around $350 then buy a guitar that will last more than the year
Quote by Horlicks
You should get a job and save up around $350 then buy a guitar that will last more than the year

+1
Most starter kits are terrible. You'll like it for awhile, but you won't like em for long. Get a nice amp and guitar that'll last you awhile
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
I would recommend, a dean Evo XM. It's a wonderful starter guitar, but mainly cause it's more my style than the SG. I wouldn't go for the squier strat pack. out of what you listed i would get the first one
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Make sure you get something not MASSIVELY expensive, as if you decide guitar isn't for you, or you don't have enough time, many people end up giving it up.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
SG pack. but ur first two links are the same btw. The strap is good if u want something plain. Planet Waves has some good straps, i think that there less expensive. and get some straplocks. otherwise, standing up playing wont be too easy, as those cheap strap buttons on the guitar cause ur strap to slip off. not fun, could damage the guitar, and is embarrasing if ur playing in front of ppl.
Quote by Horlicks

I'm not 16 yet, so I can't really get a decent job, plus I have school.
Quote by ZeppMuffins
I'm not 16 yet, so I can't really get a decent job, plus I have school.

I have a job and i'm 15...
yeah, getting a decent job in america at 15 can be difficult dude.

i say

- get a agile guitar
- get a vox or cube amp
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Last edited by senor_penguin at Sep 22, 2007,