ok ive only been playing for a few months now and i play ALOT. like all day no kidding. some days i stay up all night to make up my own riffs, and i get my fingers so messed up sometimes they even bleed. when they get that messed up i cant even play for a few days. my question is is there any way to get by that? also am i playing too much?
I think you're playing too much, Playing all day and then also staying up all night regulary can't be good for you and or your fingers.
Half hour to an hour, at most twice a day. What you're doing is killing your skin and your muscles.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

do it do it~!
ull b the best player in the world sooner or later!
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
YOu've got to stop sometimes to allow you're fingers to build up their 'defence' so to speak otherwise you'll just murder your fingers. short sharp bursts, followed by similarly lengthed stops.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
yeah dude youre playing too much, calm down, play some video games that really make you use your fingers if you feel you have too.. at least it will keep your fingers moving.. guitar hero or some action game?

if you play so your fingers bleed.. youre playing too much
Don't play to much cause its still early, after one year maybe? When your muscles are better, you should be able to play longer.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Hi seanof_thedead ,
if you get to a stage your fingers bleed it is way to much,
here are a few suggestions :

1.I think it would be best to play and practice until you feel uncomfortable ,then take a break of a few hours or even a day , i guess it would be better to play every other day then to play 2days 24/7 and then rest 3 days.
2. you can play until you feel that you can not improve much more today
3.if you feel you have had enough leave you left hand out of the picture and just practice the right hand (strumming,sweep, rythm,picking patterns,finger picking etc.)
4.dont hurt your self ,over practice can get you to an irreversible condition.
5.warm up before you start

6 keep on rockin'
WAY too much!!! Think of it like this: If you play till they bleed, then you have to wait until they heal. That can take awhile...that's time you WON'T be playing. Budget your time, man. You have the rest of your life to play. There's no rush. Scales, chords, stuff like that, they've been around hundreds of years...they're not gonna disappear and everyone will magically forget them. And you're not going to suffer for not playing more than 2 hours a day.
Take your time, and enjoy what the guitar can give you. Don't be in hurry to try and learn everything...it won't happen. If you go and learn everything there is, then what??? That's part of the fun, dude...the learning experience.
alright, here is what you do. just be a man and take it.. and trust me, this works

step1- turn you stove on

step2-let it get hot

step3-take some ice out of the freezer and hold it in your picking hand

step4-take your fretting hand and quickly put you finger tips on the stove for about 1 or 2 second

step5-put your fingers on the ice

now, it may hurt and you wont be able to play for a few days but you will have some nice good tough scar tissue that wont hurt. some neosporin or other antiseptic creams might be in order also.

or...

you could just suck it up and wait till you develop some scar tissue the normal way
they call og or nothing at all!!
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
do it do it~!
ull b the best player in the world sooner or later!

your comment doesn't help.
play until it hurts
rest
play again

but seriously bleeding can't be helping you
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
ya i would take some time off if i were you. your fingers will heal, toughen up, and then they'll be able to take some more abuse. but ya, bloody fingers is definately one of those signs. next up'll be carpultunnel (however the h3ll you spell it)
Quote by haggin13
alright, here is what you do. just be a man and take it.. and trust me, this works

step1- turn you stove on

step2-let it get hot

step3-take some ice out of the freezer and hold it in your picking hand

step4-take your fretting hand and quickly put you finger tips on the stove for about 1 or 2 second

step5-put your fingers on the ice

now, it may hurt and you wont be able to play for a few days but you will have some nice good tough scar tissue that wont hurt. some neosporin or other antiseptic creams might be in order also.

or...

you could just suck it up and wait till you develop some scar tissue the normal way

You're suggesting he puts his hand on a hot stove. No way. A better way is to just put super glue on your finger tips.
yea man thats crazy. give you hands some time to heal in between playing and they will become stronger and tougher.
that's damn good dedication sir! I tip my hat to you.

I play probably 3-4 hours a day on weekends... one to two during the week, and I feel like I'm making steady progress... even though I suck as on my electric.

Rather good at acoustic things though
Damn I tried playing all day both days this weekend but I only got like 6 hours a day in and that was exhausting! Atleast you're dedicated, but don't overplay because that's just like working out all day; it's always good to push your limits but going too far with it is bad for you.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
wait you say that you play until ALL hours of the night and even until your fingers bleed....and you don't know if you are playing too much? :P

(yes, you are)